cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU SSL Reporting..next steps?

tag
lowspender
Contributor

Re: NFCU SSL Reporting..first ever 0 point gain?

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@lowspender, Your jump on Experian is probably 100% correct (just a hunch)

You cannot go by Credit Karma scores/ They are Vantage 3.0.

You need to do a (3) credit bureau pull from Experian or myFICO to check your EQ and TU scores.

BoA, Discover and a few others... offer free TU FICO8 scores but it is updated when they do SP's on your credit.

Maybe @AllZero can add credit check trial macro?

@Anonymous, Might also explain some other things, in much better detail than I can.

The scoring primer has tons of info in it.

Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.

(Thank you Birdman7 for all your hard work)

Different profiles react differently to having an SSL .. on average I seen roughly about a 35 point gain across all 3 bureas.

give or take a few points.

Wishing you the best, Good Luck!

Going to check that primer out. I was expecting a 15-20 point gain. So they're vantage scores, even though they say TU/Exp? Crazy.

I posted my 3 bureau pull in the last post. If a 35 pt gain is what happened, that makes sense. Cool to break into 8's.

Still don't understand why Exp dings me for what the other 2 reward me for though..

@AllZero wrote:

Great job on the scores @lowspender !

Thank you, pumped! Early enough where I can still say it's my best news this year.. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 43
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@lowspender, If you did a Experian (3) credit bureau pull, those are correct FICO8 scores.

I miss interpreted your post, I am very sorry.

Thanks to @AllZero for pointing that outSmiley Happy

Message 22 of 43
lowspender
Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I miss interpreted your post, I am very sorry.

Thanks to @AllZero for pointing that outSmiley Happy

No problem.. I thought msg 16 was a reference to something bureau related.. Smiley Very Happy

Collective thought on order of hp's? Chase cli then amex? Don't want the low chase limit to affect my amex starting point, or too low of a score after the amex app to affect the chase increasing..
Chase last time did a HP on Exp (my lowest score) and TU (currently my highest). there is a 62 point difference between them.
I thought they only did 1HP, CK only notified me of the 1 on TU, doesn't track Exp.

Experian estimates that my Exp score, with that variable seen how the other 2 see it, would take me from 773 to 807, a little more in the ballpark..

Message 23 of 43
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@lowspender, I would try  Chase first (or what is most important to you?) ..IMHO .

When doing a Chase CLI, expect (2) HP's .. be happy if they only do (1)

It can be any combination of credit bureau pulls with chase.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Amazon-9000-00-CLI/m-p/5738392#M624911

Message 24 of 43
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@lowspender, One other thing, With Chase ...

make 100% sure you are under 5/24 (five new accounts in 24 months)

or it will be an instant denial.

ETA: They added the 5/24 rule to CLI's during Covid-19

Message 25 of 43
lowspender
Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@lowspender, I would try  Chase first (or what is most important to you?) ..IMHO .

When doing a Chase CLI, expect (2) HP's .. be happy if they only do (1)

It can be any combination of credit bureau pulls with chase.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Amazon-9000-00-CLI/m-p/5738392#M624911

Thanks for posting that thread. Most important for me to is total limit so I can be a little less rabid about paying things off instantly.
Does Amex usually do 2 hp's for new customers?

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@lowspender, One other thing, With Chase ...

make 100% sure you are under 5/24 (five new accounts in 24 months)

or it will be an instant denial.

ETA: They added the 5/24 rule to CLI's during Covid-19

Right.. chase is 1/5 for me. Amex would be 2/5. That covid rule.. meaning 5 total cli's can be applied for within 24 months or each cli counts as a new account? Assuming the former..
Do I stop spending on the chase account, so the credit length boosts my score and start using amex and get the 90 day clock started... or take advantage of a big difference in scores with my recent spending and take the hp now..

Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lowspender wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

so what are your scores now that you checked them? And yes your negative Reason codes? And how many accounts and cards do you have now? You said you're trying to get to a thick profile? Sure we can help you in this thread.

The negative is all based around credit length, which may not have made sense in my explanation to Saeren. It's reversed in rating and outcome between the bureaus, I don't get it.

2 cards, this SSL, Experian suggests 5 accounts. 
I want a cli for my tiny newer chase card (hp).. and I wanted to apply for an amex blue cash or whatever ends up being a good fit. Amex for the 90 3x cli and Chase b/c now I've solved the reason that they gave me such a low limit to begin with. Then again,  I don't know what bureau the Card Aquisition Risk Score V2 pulls from (on my chase acceptance letter) & how internal that is.. also, if the significant jump in 4.5 months would cause them to reevaluate or punt based on time.

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah CK is great to monitor changes in your file but the scores are pretty much meaningless.

So what CK says my TU score is..isn't what it was at all, just an estimate? Or that anything outside of getting a number directly from fico is meaningless?
CK put me at TU 762, Exp 755, again down about 10 points from a few months ago, can't tell why.

My subscription puts my Experian score at 773 (was the 755 accurate and this is an 18 point jump, or 755 was.. randomly generated? lol).

Killing it though is Equ at 828 and TU at 835 (whoo! I hoped for 800!). Same question with TU, did I jump that much or was CK rando..?

@lowspender What do you mean about the ratings being reversed? CK Scores are vantagescore, a totally different algorithm that's not really used by lenders. Getting a number direct from fico is not possible. The CRAs license the algorithm from fico and they produce the score using it. What are your negative Reason codes for that EX score?

Message 27 of 43
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@lowspender wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
If you don’t know your previous score than there’s no way to gauge the difference.

That's disappointing. Fico factors into TU and Exp too though, doesn't it.. seems like it would have to make a difference that I could track..
Paying it down a day later- meaning I should have waited longer? It didn't report for a few weeks after, it seemed paying it down right away was acceptable..

Nope. Totally different. No connection whatsoever. They can be miles apart.

The SSL maneuver works on FICO 8 and 9 scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 28 of 43
lowspender
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@lowspender What do you mean about the ratings being reversed? CK Scores are vantagescore, a totally different algorithm that's not really used by lenders. Getting a number direct from fico is not possible. The CRAs license the algorithm from fico and they produce the score using it. What are your negative Reason codes for that EX score?

Ok so it's a vantage score that says TU, not a fico based TU. seems misrepresented. Not direct, I should say an actual fico based number, unlike the v.s. algo base in CK.'
Negative reason for Ex is length of credit history, which they rate as "good" in the detailed score breakdown
Equ and TU list it as a strength, but in score breakdown, rate my credit history as "fair."
Ex says I would gain 34 points from having history as a positive not negative.. but Equ and TU give me more points with a lower rating for history..

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@lowspender wrote:

That's disappointing. Fico factors into TU and Exp too though, doesn't it.. seems like it would have to make a difference that I could track..

Nope. Totally different. No connection whatsoever. They can be miles apart.

The SSL maneuver works on FICO 8 and 9 scores.

Isn't birdman saying that the agencies license the fico algo, so they have some connection right.. ?
Looks like it did boost my Exp and TU significantly..

Message 29 of 43
lowspender
Contributor

This will belong as a Credit Apps question, will do that later.
Not sure if I should expect a cli from Chase to help my Amex starting point. 
and how much a lowered score from chase hp's would affect my amex starting point Smiley Happy
Avoiding disco for now with their new 1 yr cli policy. 

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.