cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q aligning statement dates. What say ye, multi-CC, AZEO hobbyists'?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Q aligning statement dates. What say ye, multi-CC, AZEO hobbyists'?

TLDNR: Do you find a benefit aligning statement dates?  And if so, why? (more interesting may be those actively avoiding it)

I deliberately vary my spend to maintain activity on cards, hence CR typically displays multiple balances.

Goal: Exceed 800 FICO before further CLI requests & app'g

Perks to aligning (that I see/IM"H"O) include:

1. Convenience   2. Organization &

3. Easier time attaining the coveted AZEO for peaking your Fico.

The only disadvantage (again, IM"H"O) is negating wider "carry/float perk" potential with multi-statement dates.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Q aligning statement dates. What say ye, multi-CC, AZEO hobbyists'?

I just leave my statement date alone lol. I just keep what I’m assigned when I open the account. I can see both sides. The convenience and organization of having them all cut on the same day IS appealing, but a lot of people prefer that safety cushion of having time between necessary payments. 

Definitely just a personal preference, and I personally just don’t think much about it. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 7
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Interesting question. I leave mine as they are. Your thread title reminded me of what I consider to be silly advice given to people who receive all or most of their income from Social Security retirment or survior benefits. The former payment date of the third of each month has been changed to second, third, or fouth Wednesdy of the month. SSI, SSDI are still paid on the first or second of each month respectively.

Social Security retirement or survivor beneficaries on a tight budget are told to just call and change your due dates. 

Does anyone here have bills with due dates of Wednesdays exclusively?   

The amazing thing is that anyone is paid for this type for advice. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed most of them. Since I only get paid on the 3rd of the month (SSDI) and I have so many cards, it's helpful to have them grouped closely together when possible. I'll probably leave the AMEX and SavorOne alone though. 
E3D5692C-8940-4E60-AEA6-2B1EA92BC7AE.jpeg

Message 4 of 7
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I personally hate having my card dates all over the place because that means that the statements might not be ready when I process payments. I prefer to have only one day per month where I pay everyone that is a credit lender. Now if I had dates all over the month I could have had new reports from CK all month long but I am more utilitarian. I generally will pay lenders at the beginning of the month. This is generally set because I rent the land and they want it at the beginning(no exceptions). Now I reshuffled almost all the cards onto 2 different dates and have a few rare accounts that I plan on changing later, intentionally left alone, or they put it close but did not have the ability to make it the exact date I wanted. Now the benefit to this is that as the month ends the report is solid and non-changing so when I feel like I want to apply I will usually do it near the end of the month. That way I know what I am offering the lender and what kind of response I probably will get.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like them spread out for testing purposes. No 2 on the same date.
Message 6 of 7
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Out of 6 cards: 1 is in the beginning of the month,  3 are the same date in the middle of the month, and 2 are the same date at the end of the month.  My clients pay me once a month on the 10th, so this spread has worked out for me.    

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.