cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP’s showing up in Credit Reports, Are These Affecting My Official Number of Inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SP’s showing up in Credit Reports, Are These Affecting My Official Number of Inquiries?

Eep. I was poking around at a Soft Pull thread just to get an idea of what's available to me yet.... I was very careful to avoid the hypothetical SP's which actually requested my full SS... Just did it w 2. Kohl's wants me. Apple, not yet. Nice to know. I'm in The Garden. Sticking there at least 90 days since last new account new TL (FingerHut FreshStart converting to FH Advantage MAR 25 start date). 

I went to AR.com to pull latest Credit Reports and see what's there. Good Lord! (Mod cut - not here, please @Anonymous -- regardless of which language is used - be mindful of the TOS)  Those Soft Pulls are reporting in my SP's and are cited as they'll stay there for 2 years. 2 years! 

While they may not officially be affecting my CS, but I'm wondering if they are affecting my official Number of Inquiries being reported to lenders? 

Help. Does anyone know? Please placate me if possible. TY! 🙏🏻

8 REPLIES 8
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Re: SP’s showing up in Credit Reports, Are These Affecting My Official Number of Inquiries?

No, the SP do not affect your official Number of Inquiries being reported to lenders.

SP are used to provide some data to potential lenders and usually not enough for them to make a and approving decision, hence we have pre-approvals and pre-qualifies that we receive from potential lenders.

Message 2 of 9
stw715
Regular Contributor

Re: SP’s showing up in Credit Reports, Are These Affecting My Official Number of Inquiries?

SP inquiries only be seen by you the consumer and not by any other Entities request your credit report. "IF" SP has any way shape or form to negatively affect One's credit profile? Then between Discover and CapOne, my credit profile would be up chit creek...😆

-

-

B8EB8660-BF68-4468-AD30-ADCF8BBC579E.jpeg12B7608B-FFAD-4B8B-9F06-67C175CACAE0.jpeg

Message 3 of 9
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@stw715 wrote:

SP inquiries only be seen by you the consumer and not by any other Entities request your credit report. "IF" SP has any way shape or form to negatively affect One's credit profile? Then between Discover and CapOne, my credit profile would be up chit creek...😆

-

-

B8EB8660-BF68-4468-AD30-ADCF8BBC579E.jpeg12B7608B-FFAD-4B8B-9F06-67C175CACAE0.jpeg

I agree with that!

My profile would be ruined if SP counted against one's score.

I use multiple sites/apps to check my reports for fluctuations and to see if one site records something sooner than another...

CK, WalletHub, Chase Credit Journey, CreditSesame.com, Experian and somethings Equifax.

I know this is over kill but my point is on a daily basis I would says I check at least 3 of the sights.  All of these SP inquiries appear on my report that I receive from Annualcreditreport.

I get pages of just SP alone.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit4Growth wrote:

No, the SP do not affect your official Number of Inquiries being reported to lenders.

SP are used to provide some data to potential lenders and usually not enough for them to make a and approving decision, hence we have pre-approvals and pre-qualifies that we receive from potential lenders.

Thank you! My L'd when I saw the SP's - looooong list - at TU I just about plotzed! 😱 Thank you. I didn't realize that they didn't report in some way to lenders 😱😱😱 when I saw sooooo many including my two just curious tire kickers. 🙏🏻

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stw715 wrote:

-

-

There's a cuss word or 5 for that creek bed.... 😂🤣

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit4Growth wrote:

@stw715 wrote:

-

-

I agree with that!

My profile would be ruined if SP counted against one's score.

I use multiple sites/apps to check my reports for fluctuations and to see if one site records something sooner than another...

CK, WalletHub, Chase Credit Journey, CreditSesame.com, Experian and somethings Equifax.

I know this is over kill but my point is on a daily basis I would says I check at least 3 of the sights.  All of these SP inquiries appear on my report that I receive from Annualcreditreport.

I get pages of just SP alone.

NOT that we're obsessive or anything... 😂😇 but I closely resemble what you're doing. It gives me something almost constructive to do while I wait in The Garden. Like a small kid watching to see if the seed she's planted has yielded a sapling yet. 😁😁😁

Message 7 of 9
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit4Growth wrote:

Thank you! My L'd when I saw the SP's - looooong list - at TU I just about plotzed! 😱 Thank you. I didn't realize that they didn't report in some way to lenders 😱😱😱 when I saw sooooo many including my two just curious tire kickers. 🙏🏻

I definitely have been in those same shoes a few years ago... the last time I pulled my reports while having 0/24 inquires.  When I seen all of those SPs I began reading through them and realized 98% of them were sole due to checking my credit for myself.

...NOT that we're obsessive or anything... 😂😇 but I closely resemble what you're doing. It gives me something almost constructive to do while I wait in The Garden. Like a small kid watching to see if the seed she's planted has yielded a sapling yet. 😁😁😁  Exactly that, it gave me an additional thing to do while gardening, learning and reading of others success stories.

Message 8 of 9
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous 

We are MyFicoers...

I am obsessive and very protective of my credit profile 😌 

Although this is my first time rebuilding  I wish to never have to go through this period/stage of my credit life ever again!   I do any and everything 💯 to the best of my knowledge to setup for an instant approval.

Rebuilding has been fun and exciting for me but it has its not so positive moments too.

Best of luck on your journey! 

Edit to add:  also it (seemingly)  very long and drawn out gardening periods especially when all you desire is to rapidly advance your profile and scores!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.