Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU CR wrong and 3B report correct on payment status

tag
bmmob
Established Member

TU CR wrong and 3B report correct on payment status

So, I have been questioning the payment status rating on myfico 3B reports vs the physical credit reports from TU, EX, and EQ for a while now and come to find out, my 3B report was showing I was 30 days past due on my old SELF account that I closed out to prevent a 60 day late from showing up in Decemeber 2019. Once the account was closed it was reported as "Paid, Closed, was 30 days past due date" under pay status on my TU CR. It did not make sense to me that my 3B report was showing past due although my physical TU CR was showing that paid was 30 days past due date. I questioned this after a seperate issue due to error code 219 which was causing a duplicate report but ill get to that in a different post later. I was lucky by getting a TU employee that had their own office and I gotta say that it was the easiest dispute I have ever been through. We went through several of my negative accounts especially two that were still showing past due on my 3B. One was showing past due 90 days on both TU and 3B of which I could physcially see and the other was the SELF account. I did explain that my physical credit report is what matters since that info is what calculates the FICO scores and I asked them if my account is showing "paid, closed; was 30 days past due date" under pay status on my CR why is my fico 3B showing payment status as currently 30 days past due? Now, I can not remeber if they stated the account was showing paid or not on their end but all I know is that my pay status on my TU CR was comletely different then what they were seeing in real time on the TU servers. They also stated that for the past two years, the scoring algorithm has seen my account as past due the entire time and not paid although my CR says otherwise.

I have been researching, researching, and researching these myfico forums reading things like your actual report is what matters or check the status on your credit report and if it is reporting correctly then their is nothing to worry about. That is false and true at the same time, but in my case it is false. My Credit Karma even says I am currently past due but I did not believe it because it is Credit Karma. My Experian also shows the account as currently deliquent and not paid on the 3 bureau experian service. All of these other services show the account as deliquent yet the actual report it is on says it is paid and not currently past due. Something to think about. 

selftu.PNGSELFEX.PNGself3b.PNGselfck.PNG

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: TU CR wrong and 3B report correct on payment status

@bmmob wrote:

So, I have been questioning the payment status rating on myfico 3B reports vs the physical credit reports from TU, EX, and EQ for a while now and come to find out, my 3B report was showing I was 30 days past due on my old SELF account that I closed out to prevent a 60 day late from showing up in Decemeber 2019. Once the account was closed it was reported as "Paid, Closed, was 30 days past due date" under pay status on my TU CR. It did not make sense to me that my 3B report was showing past due although my physical TU CR was showing that paid was 30 days past due date. I questioned this after a seperate issue due to error code 219 which was causing a duplicate report but ill get to that in a different post later. I was lucky by getting a TU employee that had their own office and I gotta say that it was the easiest dispute I have ever been through. We went through several of my negative accounts especially two that were still showing past due on my 3B. One was showing past due 90 days on both TU and 3B of which I could physcially see and the other was the SELF account. I did explain that my physical credit report is what matters since that info is what calculates the FICO scores and I asked them if my account is showing "paid, closed; was 30 days past due date" under pay status on my CR why is my fico 3B showing payment status as currently 30 days past due? Now, I can not remeber if they stated the account was showing paid or not on their end but all I know is that my pay status on my TU CR was comletely different then what they were seeing in real time on the TU servers. They also stated that for the past two years, the scoring algorithm has seen my account as past due the entire time and not paid although my CR says otherwise.

I have been researching, researching, and researching these myfico forums reading things like your actual report is what matters or check the status on your credit report and if it is reporting correctly then their is nothing to worry about. That is false and true at the same time, but in my case it is false. My Credit Karma even says I am currently past due but I did not believe it because it is Credit Karma. My Experian also shows the account as currently deliquent and not paid on the 3 bureau experian service. All of these other services show the account as deliquent yet the actual report it is on says it is paid and not currently past due. Something to think about. 

selftu.PNGSELFEX.PNGself3b.PNGselfck.PNG

I kinda understand what your saying. Although as above in red you closed it to prevent a 60 day late. So the 30 day late is showing up. Can you elaborate more. Right now it seems correct by the one sentence you posted.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.