cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

tag
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Re: List of FICO Scores Banks Are Using For Apps/CLIs?

Great info! Thanks
Message 11 of 635
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Some banks have been using the FICO9 version instead of the FICO8. This is in reference to the core FICO core score, not the bankcard or another variety. In my recent apps I've been saving the "Price you Pay" letters that disclose what versions they use. Thought I'd share should anyone apply for one of these banks. This is a YMMV situation, but good to have an idea since some of us have more attractive FICO9's than FICO8's in case you chose to target specific banks based on your specific scores (increasing approval odds). Here is what we've pieced together so far.

Several other factors apply and vary by lender (inquiry/new account sensitive, income, forgiveness for bad behavior, total available credit, age of report, etc.) -- this is just to share what they are most likely to pull based on my personal experience and experiences of others shared on this forum. Hope this helps! Thanks

UPDATED 3/19/19

• Bank of America: TU F8 (HP new app and SP CLI's)
  • American Express: EX F8 (HP new app & SP CLI's)
  • Citi Bank: EQ F8 (SP/HP CLI's) -- some new app's pull EX F8 so this one is very YMMV
  • Chase Bank: EX F8 (HP new app) -- folks brand new to Chase and in some areas usually encounter a double pull (EX F8 & EQ F8)
  • Fifth-Third Bank: EQ F8 (HP new app) 
  • USAA Federal Savings Bank: EX F2 (HP CLI's) - get with it USAA!
  • PNC Bank: EX F9 (HP new app)
  • US Bank: TU F9 (HP new app)
  • Synovus Bank: EQ F9 (HP new app)
  • Navy FCU: EQ F9 (HP CLI's) -- known to pull TU for new apps and EQ for CLI's, unsure about TU version
  • PenFed FCU: EQ F9 (SP CLI's)
  • First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO): EX F9 (SP CLI's)
  • Wells Fargo: EX F9 (HP new app)

Citi uses EQ Fico 8 but the Bankcard model. That's the score they also provide you with every month.

Message 12 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy pulls TU F9 for new cards. 

If this list is being added to, DCU uses EQ F5. 

Message 13 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Some banks have been using the FICO9 version instead of the FICO8. This is in reference to the core FICO core score, not the bankcard or another variety. In my recent apps I've been saving the "Price you Pay" letters that disclose what versions they use. Thought I'd share should anyone apply for one of these banks. This is a YMMV situation, but good to have an idea since some of us have more attractive FICO9's than FICO8's in case you chose to target specific banks based on your specific scores (increasing approval odds). Here is what we've pieced together so far.

Several other factors apply and vary by lender (inquiry/new account sensitive, income, forgiveness for bad behavior, total available credit, age of report, etc.) -- this is just to share what they are most likely to pull based on my personal experience and experiences of others shared on this forum. Hope this helps! Thanks

UPDATED 3/19/19

• Bank of America: TU F8 (HP new app and SP CLI's)
  • American Express: EX F8 (HP new app & SP CLI's)
  • Citi Bank: EQ F8 (SP/HP CLI's) -- some new app's pull EX F8 so this one is very YMMV
  • Chase Bank: EX F8 (HP new app) -- folks brand new to Chase and in some areas usually encounter a double pull (EX F8 & EQ F8)
  • Fifth-Third Bank: EQ F8 (HP new app) 
  • USAA Federal Savings Bank: EX F2 (HP CLI's) - get with it USAA!
  • PNC Bank: EX F9 (HP new app)
  • US Bank: TU F9 (HP new app)
  • Synovus Bank: EQ F9 (HP new app)
  • Navy FCU: EQ F9 (HP CLI's) -- known to pull TU for new apps and EQ for CLI's, unsure about TU version
  • PenFed FCU: EQ F9 (SP CLI's)
  • First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO): EX F9 (SP CLI's)
  • Wells Fargo: EX F9 (HP new app)

Citi uses EQ Fico 8 but the Bankcard model. That's the score they also provide you with every month.

@imaximous, Thanks for the clarification on Citi! I've added in that note.

@Saeren, Thanks for confirming the info for Navy. I've also converted it from a list to a matrix so it's easier to read, and added in DCU. Thanks for sharing!

Message 14 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi also is known to pull TU and EX instead of EQ and EX at times. They hit me with that combo when I did my DC app last month. 

Message 15 of 635
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If this list is being added to, DCU uses EQ F5. 

I created a DCU savings account yesterday (want to park $1k there) and when I called in today to discuss some procedural stuff the CSR asked me if I was interested in the Visa Plat card, the basic no frills card. I said not at this moment (since I am in the garden and do not want any more HP's nor do I have a need for the card). CSR said they can issue it with same SP for creating account, I told them I'd call back if I changed my mind. But I also confirmed they use EQ for their credit products. Hope this helps...

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi also is known to pull TU and EX instead of EQ and EX at times. They hit me with that combo when I did my DC app last month. 

I'll add a general note that if someone gets a double pull be prepared for it to be either option. It could be they switch it up from time to time, or based on the region there is a preference of one over the other. I've been double-pulled with them once, but I've never had TU pulled. 90% of the time (for me) they love smashing up my EQ lol 

Message 17 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone cares about Comenity, or for the sake of completeness, they pulled FICO EX08 for both of my apps, and I have seen reference to checking my FICO EQ08 in CLI letters.
Message 18 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In case anyone cares about Comenity, or for the sake of completeness, they pulled FICO EX08 for both of my apps, and I have seen reference to checking my FICO EQ08 in CLI letters.

Thanks @ImTheDevil, certainly no harm in being comprehensive. In reviewing various posts it does look like Comenity has gone HP happy, but the majority of reports reflect EQ. You mentioned personally getting EX so I'll be placing a note above our chart that users could be pulled for either one, but odds of a double-pull (or a TU pull) seem slim. Thanks for the note - updated the chart. 

Message 19 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

I know Barclays is a huge fan of TU, but does anyone know if they are using F8 or F9? Seemed like a good one to have on the list considering their size/popularity. If anyone does let me know and we'll get it added

Message 20 of 635
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.