Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly is Lexis Nexus?

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: What exactly is Lexis Nexus?

Hmm I heard of this before also, but never knew what it was until now after reading the posts.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I found another link to request our "full file disclosure." I'm not sure what the difference is from the link I posted above, but here's that link too  https://personalreports.lexisnexis.com/ 

Thanks! I just printed out the form, and it'll be on the way to them tomorrow.

Got my report today. It's nearly 1/2 inch thick, but lots of the pages are just duplicate information from other sections.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few of these sites you don't really know about.  I have my report in hand and it matches my regular reports.  I have to send in the others to request a copy of their reports and hope they are correct also.  Then I think it's best to freeze them which will require another letter.  And any of your current creditors will still have access to these "hidden" reports regardless of the freeze.  I just want to make sure they're correct.   Look them up online and you will get a list of all of them.  Plus what you need to do to obtain a copy of your report.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I found another link to request our "full file disclosure." I'm not sure what the difference is from the link I posted above, but here's that link too  https://personalreports.lexisnexis.com/ 

Got my report today. It's nearly 1/2 inch thick, but lots of the pages are just duplicate information from other sections.

Nice - so what type of info do they keep about us?

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Every possible thing you can imagine, except credit history. And I mean EVERY thing. Every place you've ever lived, every property you've ever owned including tax assessments, any public records, any criminal records, sex offender registries, any professional licenses, business associations, hunting/fishing licenses, concealed weapons permits, eMail addresses and on and on. My files goes back to 1973.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Every possible thing you can imagine, except credit history. And I mean EVERY thing. Every place you've ever lived, every property you've ever owned including tax assessments, any public records, any criminal records, sex offender registries, any professional licenses, business associations, hunting/fishing licenses, concealed weapons permits, eMail addresses and on and on. My files goes back to 1973.

Smiley Surprised Wow! Do they also keep records of people related to you or people who lived with you? I ask because of some of the verification questions I get asked - I'm trying to see where companies are getting that info from.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one I have now is not much different that what EQ,TU & EX have.  I'll let you know when I get the others.  Could be more than we know.

Message 17 of 20
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they list "inappropriate" web sites you may have visited? Smiley LOL 

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 18 of 20
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The one I have now is not much different that what EQ,TU & EX have.  I'll let you know when I get the others.  Could be more than we know.

I purchased the LN reports with scores and those reports are primarily a re-statement of info from your EQ credit report.

The all inclusive report is free but requires submitting paperwork and documents that "prove" your identity. I was always too lazy to bother. However, based on CAPTOOL's 1/2" file I may need to reconsider. A few months back one of my sisters emailed me a news report from a neighboring state informing the public that "I" (someone with my name) had been convicted of stealing money from the company they worked for.

My name is not common (how many TTs do you know?) so maybe it's in my LN full file. If so, no job hopping for me except, perhaps, a position demanding hard labor.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's a good idea to check all of them.  I have all the contact info and what they want before they will release the reports.  You just never know.  And if anything is incorrect, I would like to correct it and then freeze them all.  Just a precaution like you said with your name.  There is someone with my exact name that lives about 20 miles away.  I used to have a big problem with the CRA's & her.  But did get all that straigtened out.  Haven't had an issue with that in a long time.  But am very curious to see what those other reports say and just how personal they get.  

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.