Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application process Alliant CU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Application process Alliant CU

Received instant approval, was requested to send in ID, Social Security Card, and a Utility Bill.

Inquired further what to expect was told:

"Your documents are currently beign reviewed. Once we have final confirmation we will contact you.

Thank you"

If it's an instant approval what's left to do?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Application process Alliant CU

It might take them a couple of days to approve your membership.

There's not much that's actually instant about Alliant.

Langley CU is one of the few that has truly instant memberships.

If that's what you are referring to?

Message 2 of 7
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

It's exactly what the message says:  your documents are under review; and after they verify them, your account wil be opened.

I applied on 30 Dec 2019 and received the email pertaining to the documents required to verify identity. I uploaded what was

requested on 03 Jan 2020, and my account was opened the same day.

Message 3 of 7
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the semi-instant approval.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 4 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your membership!
Message 5 of 7
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Received instant approval, was requested to send in ID, Social Security Card, and a Utility Bill.

Inquired further what to expect was told:

"Your documents are currently beign reviewed. Once we have final confirmation we will contact you.

Thank you"

If it's an instant approval what's left to do?

My membership went thru instantly, but the loan department with them are a mess it took me 5 days to get a credit card and a loan finished with a 786 FICO TU. The approvel went fast just the docs they need and them not liking them. I helped a friend with a lot lower credit score and I thought it was just his lower score that what cased him to take a long time and found out it's just them (Alliant). Also they did not like my papers that I sent to them and it went back and forth. I.E too small to read, was not clear...

Message 6 of 7
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

I hate Alliant. I'm a member and used to have products with them, but their procedures and systems are a relic of the 1980s so I closed them all. NFCU for the win.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.