Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Savings Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU Savings Denial

Intersting DP's, I'm glad that I opened DCU Savings before recently opening a Checking account with USB.

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Clegga I'm sorry to hear about your DCU savings account denial.

However, I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with the forum.

I agree 100% with @Anonymous and @joltdude . It probably has nothing to do

with a bad Chex file and everything to do with you apping for a checking

account recently. I joined AOD last month and they approved me for both

a checking and a savings account. So I'm gonna chill for a minute and go

after DCU membership/savings account in August. Should be enough time.

Please feel free to follow up if you decide to join DCU later this summer.

Like you, their 6.17% savings account is tough to pass up. Good luck to you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

DCU is chex's very sensitive..  I have clean chexs and cant crack them granted alot of inquries and recently got into 2 other CU's that also pull Chexs..   Some CU's chexs will just ruin you even if you have 800+ scores and no negative marks other than inquiries on chexs (my case).

Message 13 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@joltdude wrote:

Sometimes with CUs its not anything bad on Chexsystems.. its just the fact you apped for another account recently....

Yes.. some CUs dont like opening accounts if you opened one too soon before theirs... even if you do not have anything "bad" on Chex...

-J

+10000 I despise chexs for this reason alone

Message 14 of 37
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Sorry for your denail OP.

It just makes no sense that they want actually do chex systems for opening up a savings account!. I hope they will somehow do away with the process all together in the near future. Although I do havr the savings accoun 6.17%APY, I can't crack them with a credit card. Been ddnied (3) times for all products. Smiley Frustrated

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 15 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Sorry for your denail OP.

It just makes no sense that they want actually do chex systems for opening up a savings account!. I hope they will somehow do away with the process all together in the near future. Although I do havr the savings accoun 6.17%APY, I can't crack them with a credit card. Been ddnied (3) times for all products. Smiley Frustrated

I always felt   .. that it is ridiculous pulling Chex for a savings...

Message 16 of 37
KiraSan
Established Member

Really sorry to hear about the denial.

I opened WF checking (to claim $400 bonus offer) last week and applied for DCU saving+checking same week after.

I got the approved status after completing application on a different site but didn't receive any emails from DCU.

Found an AutoSave email(from their application center i guess) in my junk folder, which was sent when i was filling my application, it had the link (https://forms.fivision.com/dcu/sc/) to resume the application. I was finally able to log into the application submittion site which stated that my application is "Completed and Approved", the site has inbuilt mail feature where I found the application approval email from DCU with Member& Accounts number and links to access Online and Mobile banking but on following the links I wasn't able to enroll/register/access on DCU. Upon calling DCU found out that they will be sending PIN via mail that will be used for initial login.

Message 17 of 37
folks19
Frequent Contributor

@Clegga wrote:

I applied for DCU's primary savings account that gives you 6.17% interest on $1000, but I was denied because of my Chexsystem profile. I requested my credit report from Chex, but I don't know why I was denied yet. Is it possible to call DCU and get an appeal like a credit card recon line?

I see this post is a bit old, but I guess it's not to late. I also got denied for a savings account with DCU, and I have no baddies on my Chexs report other than inquiries. The denial was due to a low Chexs score. My score was in the 570's.

For the data points, do you know what your score was?

@Anonymous You said you were denied, and when you applied a few months later, you were approved. May I know how long you waited before reapplying? I'm also interested in reapplying, so I want some data points on the matter.

Message 18 of 37
Ragdollkitty
New Contributor

For a point of reference, I opened DCU after I opened two other accounts before it the day before.  

You might as well check Chexsysterms.  There's a thread on the forums that gives the link on how to do it online (though when I used it, it would only send me one in the mail).

Message 19 of 37
folks19
Frequent Contributor

@Ragdollkitty wrote:

For a point of reference, I opened DCU after I opened two other accounts before it the day before.  

You might as well check Chexsysterms.  There's a thread on the forums that gives the link on how to do it online (though when I used it, it would only send me one in the mail).

Do you remember when you joined DCU?

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.