Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finance / Investment Tracker Recommendations and Help

tag
etatauri
Established Member

Finance / Investment Tracker Recommendations and Help

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anybody have any investment tracker recommendations? Ever since I became interested in CCs and finance I started to invest my money through M1 Finance, Robinhood, and Betterment. I couldn't be happier now that I see my assets grow and my CC util. hover around 1-2%.

I've been searching for a good finance/investment tracker ever since. I use Mint and Personal Capital currently, but my return percent is completely incorrect, reporting 500% a year on one account and - 25% on the other when it should be closer to 18% and 15% returns respectively on Personal Capital. Mint is no better as my positions are completely wrong. For example, I own 10 shares of AMD, average purchase price of 36 dollars, but my balace shows 2600 dollars, which, if you do the math, is almost a magnitude in size wrong.

Because I have my money spread out, it would be nice if I can get a bird's eye view on all my investment in one graph but for the life of me I can't seem to find one that works properly. If anybody have experience with these kinds of finance aggregators or working with Betterment/Robinhood/M1, please let me know if you have similar problems or workarounds etc.

Thanks in advance!

Capital One Savor 20,000 |||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 15,000 |||| American Express Blue Cash Preferred 11,000 |||| Venmo 10,000 |||| Macy's Amex 10,000 |||| Amazon Prime Signature Visa (Chase) 6,900 |||| Citi Double Cash 6,500 |||| Wells Fargo Platinum 6,000 |||| Chase Freedom Unlimited 5,700 |||| Paypal Credit 4,250 |||| Gap (Synchrony) 3,500 |||| Total CL: 98,850

EX: 812 |||| TU: 792 |||| EQ: 792 (As of Apr. 28, 2022)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finance / Investment Tracker Recommendations and Help

Use the Personal Capital website to get your actual returns. The app only does a basic rate of return, whereas you can get time weighted return on the website in the Performance tab. The difference for me last year was like 42% in the app and 27% time weighted from the website.

Personal capital is the best I found, just the app when looking under holdings isn’t quite right but TBH I care more about net worth anyway over time.

You can also back of hand it in the portfolio view in the app and looking account by account as that tracks daily balance but that won’t tell you for individual equities.

That might be a good thing to feedback on the app actually, namely asking for the performance tab to be integrated with it. YouIndex is great on shorter time horizons but last year I put a bunch of cash into my accounts and it skewed it badly as a result on the YTD calculation.

        
Message 2 of 5
wa3more
Established Contributor

Personal Capital is very good, I agree

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP Charles Schwab allows you to get a bird's eye view of your personal finances and credit cards but not mulitple different brokerages.  If you have a schwab brokerage account it lets you see all your investments with them plus whatever amounts you have in different bank accounts (after linking them) and all the different savings and checking accounts associated with them.  That and it will also allow you to link your credit cards to the brokerage so it can give you a bird's eye view of the balances. 

It will have accounts Investment which is where all your investments will be and your external accounts which will be your bank accounts and your credit cards.  It will add your cash in your accounts (assets) and minus that by your credit card balances (liabilities) to give you your external networth total.  Then at the top it will give you your personal value (networth) which is your external assets plus your investments in your charles schwab brokerage.  You can even do things like link real estate to give an idea of your home value as well.  

I know this isn't exactly what you are asking for since your not asking about moving your assets into another brokerage but looking for a third party tool but still the Schwab brokerage does a lot of what you are looking for.  As far as Robinhood goes I have a brokerage account with them and I'm going to be closing it and moving all my stocks over to Charles Schwab at the end of next month.  Robinhood is great if you are just starting out but Schwab just has many more benefits then Robinhood has.  

Message 4 of 5
Subexistence
Established Contributor

I use mint.com to keep track of all my transactions.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.