Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - January 2022

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - January 2022

On TV, I saw the B2 bomber fly over the starting point of the Rose Parade, then moments later the unmistakeable ROAR as it flew over my house! They usually go east-to-west, but this time went west-to-east, so I think they're waiting at Edwards AFB until time to do the fly-over at the Rose Bowl game. Such an awesome sight. Or sound, in this year's case. Smiley Happy

I'm really upset with myself for leaving the garden. I barely had my beautiful, favorite gem (sapphire) for a few days before screwing it all up. Oh well, whatever. I'm still glad I did what I did, i.e., get a loan for experimenting purposes, but I do wish I had realized AHEAD of time that I'd be leaving the garden by accepting it. Its terms were so good, and I really wanted to see for myself how having 'recent installment loan activity' would affect my scores, and with no HP it seemed like a no-brainer.

If you're so inclined, hover over the little seedling in my sig.....   Smiley Very Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 51 of 1,015
tcbofade
Super Contributor

LOL.  There are worse reasons to leave the garden...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 52 of 1,015
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

So true....so true....

Well, at least the date will be easy enough to remember, going forward. 2021 holidays (right before Christmas). That's all I have to remember when I'm figuring out which gem to use. Smiley Very Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 53 of 1,015
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

So true....so true....

Well, at least the date will be easy enough to remember, going forward. 2021 holidays (right before Christmas). That's all I have to remember when I'm figuring out which gem to use. Smiley Very Happy

I always struggle with FICOs vs finances. I leave a lot of catback SUBs sitting there to keep the dark green circles. Garden Gems, while nice and a symbol of commitment, aren't really a big factor to me.  Once I get AAoA up enough to take a hit from new account and keep dark green circles, it will be a different story.

Message 54 of 1,015
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Honestly, there's nothing out there that I need to apply for anyway...

Current plans involve zero percent interest through at least June, and it's hard to borrow money for less than free.

I just wrote letters to all three CRAs regarding the incorrect collection account and I imagine that will be resolved shortly.

I'm terribly excited about doing whatever is next, and there's nothing to do for the next six months or so.  Smiley Embarassed

I'll add a bronze spade tomorrow and try to sit here in the garden behaving myself.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 55 of 1,015
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

https://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw

2 years from now I will finally have completely clean credit reports. Could be sooner if I use EE. I will also be back to no inquiries. Though...while counting I found I will be under 5/24 in June of this year. I may take a detour, but the original plan was no apps until completely clean. Now I'm debating Chase in June and a U.S. Bank card in January 2024...🤔 I'm also going to be trimming the herd this year. It's been long and arduous, but I'm finally nearing the finish line.

Message 56 of 1,015
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

On TV, I saw the B2 bomber fly over the starting point of the Rose Parade, then moments later the unmistakeable ROAR as it flew over my house! They usually go east-to-west, but this time went west-to-east, so I think they're waiting at Edwards AFB until time to do the fly-over at the Rose Bowl game. Such an awesome sight. Or sound, in this year's case. Smiley Happy

I'm really upset with myself for leaving the garden. I barely had my beautiful, favorite gem (sapphire) for a few days before screwing it all up. Oh well, whatever. I'm still glad I did what I did, i.e., get a loan for experimenting purposes, but I do wish I had realized AHEAD of time that I'd be leaving the garden by accepting it. Its terms were so good, and I really wanted to see for myself how having 'recent installment loan activity' would affect my scores, and with no HP it seemed like a no-brainer.

If you're so inclined, hover over the little seedling in my sig.....   Smiley Very Happy

Don't do anything you'll regret.

Don't regret anything you do.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 57 of 1,015
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

So true....so true....

I always struggle with FICOs vs finances. I leave a lot of catback SUBs sitting there to keep the dark green circles. Garden Gems, while nice and a symbol of commitment, aren't really a big factor to me.  Once I get AAoA up enough to take a hit from new account and keep dark green circles, it will be a different story.

This.

Better to have those dark green circles than to need them.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 58 of 1,015
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@expatCanuck wrote:

Good morning, garden.

And Happy New Year.

Starting the year w/ EX back over 800.

Oh, and I fractured my upper-right humerus yesterday.  Failed to correctly negotiate uneven trail terrain and fell poorly.

Happily, the orthopod advises that it's a non-surgical break.  Just have to keep it immobile in a sling for a while.  Say, 3 to 4 months.

FICO.

Bad Kudos.pngBad Kudos.png

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 59 of 1,015
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@expatCanuck wrote:

Good morning, garden.

And Happy New Year.

Starting the year w/ EX back over 800.

Oh, and I fractured my upper-right humerus yesterday.  Failed to correctly negotiate uneven trail terrain and fell poorly.

Happily, the orthopod advises that it's a non-surgical break.  Just have to keep it immobile in a sling for a while.  Say, 3 to 4 months.

FICO.

Ouch!  Hope it heals quickly.  Did you do this cross-country skiing?

I'm thinking of taking up biathlon as a new winter activity. 

Message 60 of 1,015
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.