Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU Membership Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy FCU Membership Denial

@adelphi_sky 

Yeah it was a bit stressful but I wanted to let you know so you didn't give up. Personally I have always wondered if I had set off some fraud alert or warning because I had joined several other credit unions within a couple of months. 

I'm sure it will get all straightened out for you and you'll be a part of the family very soon. Watchin' for your update! Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 38
importxpresions
Regular Contributor

I applied over the phone and it was pretty simple. Took 5 minutes, I'd say call them.

Current:

Mortgage applications waiting for market to calm down
Message 12 of 38
AZ-Jeff
New Contributor

Definately give them a call and let us know the results and hope you get approved for membership.

Message 13 of 38
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@adelphi_sky wrote:

It may be an address thing. I live in an unincorporated part of the county and the zip comes up different than my town name. So, a lot of official docs may say one thing when I put down another. But if you google my address, you get the same house with two different town names. lol I'm thinking that whoever is looking at the app could easily verify that. Unless I got denied by AI. 

Interesting!  Has this happened to you in the before...even recently?  I have wondered about instances similar to the circumstances you described.  This has lead me to exacting concerning not only address verification but also personal information verifications to the point where I have withdrawn applications if a CSR could not accurately repeat/read aloud information I may have provided.

Has, I know this may sound a bit (insert adverb) but I have canceled CC's and closed bank account if the entire name and or middle initial could not be included - that's just me and my curiousity/strenuous to ensure everything is aligned.

I had a case of identity theft I in the past.  Recently, on the other side of the country, someone attempted to use 2 if my CC's.  Thankfully I can lock all cards when not in use.  I am somewhat of a frequent traveler.   Being able to lock my cards when not in use is a great benefit to me as I can receive a declined transaction notification.   When that occurs, I just call the issuing FI and state that the purchase was not made by me please cancel current card and issue another card - no dispute of fraudulent purchase are needed.  I am rambling but also sharing... This may sound like a lot to go through but it is less stressful than may other long and drawn out processes.

GL2U I hope this is all cleared up for you within a day or two! 

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

That tool on the website that says you're qualified is broken and will take pretty much any employer if you entered one. Are you eligible based on a family member's or your own service? 

Only these situations qualify for membership - https://www.navyfederal.org/membership/become-a-member/eligibility.php

Message 15 of 38
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

It's crazy. On the phone now. They believe it is fraud. I just looked at my state and county property tax docs and one has the USPS Zipcode name and the other has the actual name of the town. lol I certainly have docs to show the two different addresses. I'm guessing that's the only thing it could be. Everything else is legit. 

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Years back I was young and stupid instead of old and stupid now.

Once got a large clothing purchase rejected at a bricks and mortar store.

At the time I was angry at my credit card issuer and was about to cancel card.

Called the issuer and they said that purchase was out of pattern.

Years later having had cards used fraudulently I am onboard with greater verification if it lowers fraud and theft.

If you are eligible for membership I would be surprised if you cannot get it resolved.

Message 17 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Wow, crazy story. Let us know how it goes?

Message 18 of 38
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Customer rep said to fill out an appeal letter. He can't tell me what the reasons were. I am pretty sure I qualify. Otherwise that would be a clear cut and dry denial saying I simply didn't meet the qualifications. But this is a fraud denial. Something I can clear up with any documentation, etc.

For security reasons, I can't speficy what I do or who I work for. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 38
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Happy to hear that you proceeded right away with making that phone call.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.