Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I commited a cardinal sin in dealing with CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I commited a cardinal sin in dealing with CA

Iknow that I should never talk to ar accept anything that a CA says without written verification but I did just that.  I have a CA on my CR issued 12/07.  I do owe the money but was not aware that it went to collections.  After several attempts to get the CA to respond in writting to no avail I decided to call them.  During our conversation they agreed to do a complete delete from all CRA's as long as I paid them over the phone during that call.  I went out on a limb and paid them, asking that they mail me a deletion letter and a receipt.  I go out to get my mail today and guess what?  The receipt AND deletion letter were there!  They fulfilled their end of the agreement.  I am holding my breath to see how much my score will improve as this was the only negative item in my report.  I do have high UTIL but everything shows paid as agreed for the history of the account.  I am currently at 586 and will let you all know when the score changes.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: I commited a cardinal sin in dealing with CA

may i ask who was the CA?

So we know thats one one the good guys

Thanks
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The agency was Kenneth Eisen & Assoc. in Phoenix, AZ.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

FBCS can be marked and one of the bad guys. I did the same thing and got burned. Talk about arrogant people to deal with on the phone. I hope karma bites that guy where he deserves it.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

credithopefull wrote:
FBCS can be marked and one of the bad guys. I did the same thing and got burned. Talk about arrogant people to deal with on the phone. I hope karma bites that guy where he deserves it.

I don't know about the other agencies, but TU has an option when you dispute online "Company agreed to delete" 

Worth a shot I suppose.  Only thing is if they update instead of delete, I've heard of ppl taking a point hit. Is it an old collection or newer one?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

very new. 3/27
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

credithopefull wrote:
very new. 3/27

I'd take the risk and dispute as "company agreed to delete"

But that is just me. Up to you.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the risk with RJM Acquisitions...and dealt with them over the phone..and paid over the phone...it was deleted off my reports..before I even got my receipt and deletion letter...they were a GOOD CA to deal with...just for the record...
Message 8 of 9
brooklyngal
Contributor

How long did it take for them to remove the collections after payment?  I have 2 collections on my reports and they are the CA I have to deal with.

slyhouse08 wrote:
I took the risk with RJM Acquisitions...and dealt with them over the phone..and paid over the phone...it was deleted off my reports..before I even got my receipt and deletion letter...they were a GOOD CA to deal with...just for the record...

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.