Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple same OC's?!

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Multiple same OC's?!

@guiness56 wrote:

By George, I think he got it!  Yes, you are correct!

ETA:  I hope you are a he.  If not I apologize.

Smiley LOL ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Message 21 of 43
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

So at this point its the waiting game. Can they still report to the bearus while DV? I thought I read somewhere that they cant so what do I do if they do? Also with DV and PFD should I send in a copy of my report or atleast a copy of the account on the report?

So anyways I DV all the accounts in the collections section and PFD the OC's... Ok then writing the letters today and mailing them off

But wait a minute. I don't want to pay double. How will I know if the OC and the CA are from the same thing? I mean... I have a First Premier Credit Card that I screwed up back in 09. I see the account on the report. I can remember getting some kind of collection notice in the mail so isn't there also a CA on my report that corresponds with First Premier? That being said who do I contact with the letters? The OC or the CA?

EDIT: I was re-reading the "What Steps Do I Take" post and I just wanted to verify... If the OC still owns the debt there is balance. If they sold the account it should be reported as 0 balance. Ok that helps a bit. That said if the OC doesnt own the account is there anything I can do for my credit report about the OC or let 7.5 years run?

Ok so what about the OC that still owns the balance... according to "What Steps Do I Take" I should ask the OC to pull the account from collections in exchange for a PIF. If the damage is already done with my credit history and the account how would changing that account to PIF help my score? Less charge offs meaning less potential risk? Curious...

Guys and gals thanks!! Your knowledge is so appreciated!!!

Starting Score: EQ FICO - 518 TU FICO - 534 EX - ???
Current Score: EQ FICO - 605 TU FICO - 584 EX - ???
Goal Score: 720 Across the board!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Most think I am, not sure why.

You're...a woman?

For some reason, the name guiness makes me think of the beer, which makes me think of a guy wearing a greasy tank top getting drunk at his computer desk.  A bit of a colorful interpretation of a simple word, I know.  Smiley Tongue

Yep, I am lol.  And yes, my name is after my son's dog, who was named for the beer.  

I really figured that my Happy Feet avatar would have made people think I was female......Oh, well lol.

Message 23 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@pimpedoutgeese wrote:

So at this point its the waiting game. Can they still report to the bearus while DV? I thought I read somewhere that they cant so what do I do if they do? Also with DV and PFD should I send in a copy of my report or atleast a copy of the account on the report?  The OC can report no matter what since the DV does not go to them.  If it was timely to the CA, it starts the cease collection bar and they cannot continue collection activity.  There is no requirement for them to respond, unless you are from TX. 

So anyways I DV all the accounts in the collections section and PFD the OC's... Ok then writing the letters today and mailing them off

But wait a minute. I don't want to pay double. How will I know if the OC and the CA are from the same thing? I mean... I have a First Premier Credit Card that I screwed up back in 09. I see the account on the report. I can remember getting some kind of collection notice in the mail so isn't there also a CA on my report that corresponds with First Premier? That being said who do I contact with the letters? The OC or the CA? All CA accounts are supposed to include who the OC is/was.  Not every OC or CA will report to the CRAs.  If the OC still owns the debt and is reporting, they will show a balance.  If the CA is reporting the same debt they too will show a balance.  If the OC sold the debt it will show a 0 balance and say sold/transferred.  The CA will show the full balance.

You can always contact the OC and see if they own the debt and are willing to accept payment.  If they are, send the PFD to the OC.  If they won't send it to the CAs.  In either case, the PFD only works for  the creditor it was sent to.  It  does not delete the others account.  You would need to send a GW for that one.

EDIT: I was re-reading the "What Steps Do I Take" post and I just wanted to verify... If the OC still owns the debt there is balance. If they sold the account it should be reported as 0 balance. Ok that helps a bit. That said if the OC doesnt own the account is there anything I can do for my credit report about the OC or let 7.5 years run?   You send them GW letters asking for the removal of the TL.

Ok so what about the OC that still owns the balance... according to "What Steps Do I Take" I should ask the OC to pull the account from collections in exchange for a PIF. If the damage is already done with my credit history and the account how would changing that account to PIF help my score? Less charge offs meaning less potential risk? Curious...A CO can double damage your report.  If the CO shows a balance and a CL it is factored into your utilization until paid.  Once paid it will be forever removed from that scoring but will remain as a CO.

Guys and gals thanks!! Your knowledge is so appreciated!!!

Message 24 of 43
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

Wow such insight.... I can't wait to contact them right away!!

Thank you Madam! (I sorta guessed from the avatar but the name is REALLY misleading Smiley Happy )

Message 25 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 26 of 43
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

May I ask if you done this before did you ever send in a copy of your credit report or a copy of the account on the credit report?

Message 27 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have.  I only sent the portion that applied and blacked out everything else.

Message 28 of 43
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

Ok... it seems like I'm ready to get started with all this. Now about contacting them... preferred method? Phone, email, or mail?

Now obviously if I call I'm not taking anything they say seriously until its in writing. But what are the downsides of calling? No paper trail that you can use as potential leverage possibly in the future?

Email is an option I would like to use, but heck it seems that information is hard to get! I've been googling and researching on the forums for email contact info for IC Systems and have got nothing!

Mail seems the safest route as far as paper trial like I said earlier. But I really dont want to wait 30 days for no reply then send another letter, wait 30 days no reply, send another.....  wash rinse repeat.

Any ideas? Also I noticed TU has a file number for there CR. What about EQ? Where would it be on your report?

Thanks again for your time!

P.S. THANK YOU guiness56 You are TRULY a super contributor to me Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Well thank you.

Who is it you intend to call?  The OC is ok with calling, it's the CA you really should not call.

If you are talking about the CA I would do snail mail just to create a paper trail.

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.