cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Serious Help PLEASE! PFD? Bankruptcy?

tag
Karibear819

Need Some Serious Help PLEASE! PFD? Bankruptcy?

I had my SSN used by my ex BF family to open numerous credit cards. I have been fighting this for years and have tried everything. I have written the letters, disputed online and have even made payments. I have been sued my Midland. I went to court 2 days after having a C section. My legal representation caved and agreed to a payment plan since my job was on the line {I also agreed since I was on high amounts of pain medication+thought I wouldn't have a job to return to}. Some of the accounts I've paid are still being sold, they reappear and have different opening dates. I have been dealing with this mess for years. I can't build my credit BC no one wants to give me a credit card or loan. My husband is a stay at home Dad, works full time, goes to school full time and is a Marine veteran. We are eligible for the VA loan but he doesn't make enough money to qualify for a home. I make the money but can't get my credit out of the toilet. A USSA financial advisor told me to try PFD. The only thing is.I already paid! I have no leverage now. If I would have gone bankrupt the day I found out about this mess I'd be buying a house right now. Instead I was reassured it could be fixed. I seriously need some help on what to do. Me, My husband and my child will be homeless soon. I am open to any suggestions or advice. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Some Serious Help PLEASE! PFD? Bankruptcy?

Your legal representation failed you miserably.  You should have went to the local police station and filed identity theft reports and sent those in.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.