Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

tag
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

There are reports on Reddit that new applicants are receiving metal Savor cards. See below for link to the Reddit post. A poster there included a link to a picture of it.

Capitol One Savor is now metal

Message 1 of 149
148 REPLIES 148
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

Interesting.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 149
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I wonder if they will roll this out to existing customers, or if it's only for new approvals (like the metal Venture is/was).

Will be interesting to see how this turns out!

Message 3 of 149
Rogue46
Established Contributor

I just got mine in the mail yesterday and it was plastic.

Message 4 of 149
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

I do not know how they are deciding who gets a metal card. Maybe they are doing a limited rollout? There is nothing about it on there website at this time. Interesting indeed.

Message 5 of 149
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jetboy wrote:

I do not know how they are deciding who gets a metal card. Maybe they are doing a limited rollout? There is nothing about it on there website at this time. Interesting indeed.

Maybe they're doing it in similar fashion like when Venture Cards were issued in metal for a limited time.

Message 6 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar - I've also read about the Venture card being metal for a limited time.  but was pleasantly surprised when I received the card for my new account and it was metal.  DP - applied 11/29 with a fraud alert on my profile.  Sent their requested ID documents.  was notified a couple weeks later I was approved and the card was shipped but it did not arrive until January.  I'm sure none of that matters but the point was that I applied 11/18, account was created 12/18 according to CapitalOne.  

@Rogue46 - are you saying you literally applied this month and received the card this month - and it was plastic?  

Message 7 of 149
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Yes, I apped on 1-26-18 and received the card about 6 days later and it was plastic. 

Message 8 of 149
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rogue46 - are you saying you literally applied this month and received the card this month - and it was plastic? 

@Rogue46 wrote:

Yes, I apped on 1-26-18 and received the card about 6 days later and it was plastic. 

Rogue46 - You applied last month (January). The applicants that applied this month (February) seems to be getting metal Savor cards.

Message 9 of 149
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Gotcha, I thought he was saying within the past month. Well that sucks..   

Message 10 of 149
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.