Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldest Cards - Original Card and CL Estimates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oldest Cards - Original Card and CL Estimates

On your oldest cards, what card did they start out as and estimated CL at the time? If you can remember. Best guess is good.

My DC card started back in 2001 as a Citi Platinum Select with a $6500 CL. Statements were basic. Single digit APRs early on. Got enrolled in their points program which eventually transformed into TYP.

BoA cash rewards started as a MBNA MLB card in 2003 with a CL around 19,700. Got a mlb blanket for signing up lol. No rewards.

Cap one was a No Hassle rewards card with a line of 17,500. Still have a single digit APR.

The only recent change is my CF was a CFU originally in 2017 with a CL of 19,100.

OT note: The Nationals started as the Expos in 1969 with a minor league field lol.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oldest Cards - Original Card and CL Estimates

My first ever card was a BoA no-frills card with 18.99%V and a $4500 SL IIRC. That was back in 2004. 

My first card when I started my rebuild was a Capital One Platinum. 2014, 21.99%V I believe. $300 SL which is now $8250 and has been PC'd to QuickSilver

My next oldest account that's still open is from 2018 so not old at all. 

Message 2 of 19
wasCB14
Super Contributor

$600 Freedom, 2013.

$4k now (and have 4 other Chase cards)

@Anonymous wrote:
OT note: The Nationals started as the Expos in 1969 with a minor league field lol.

I went to a Vermont Expos minor league game around 2000.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 19
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

Me:

Discover Student

Opened 2010

SL $1.5K

Auto increased to $10K

Luv button shows $2.5K

DH:

BoA Student Visa

Opened in 2009

SL over $1K

Auto increased to $21K

Became a Visa Signature 

Message 4 of 19
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Four oldest active tradelines:

Nordstrom Store Card (opened in 1992) - SL $500, currently $4,000 (I only use this twice a year.)

AMEX Gold (opened in 1993)

Sound Credit Union Visa (opened in 1996) - SL $6,000, currently $20,000 (only auto-CLI's)

Boeing Employee Credit Union Visa (opened in 1998) - SL $7,000, currently $30,000 (only auto-CLI's)

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, no PCs or buyouts.

Message 6 of 19
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

Credit journey started Nov 2014 with a local, non-student, credit union card. It's still open, SL $500 and through 3 HP and 1 SP increases, now sits at $10,000. I would product change it from 1% everything to the 1.5% everything version, but I like the fixed 11.99 APR because I think it's neat to have one as a credit card even if I don't carry balances.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

First ever card was a Wells Fargo Platinum Visa. SL was $1,000 back in 2001.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icednightpaper wrote:

Credit journey started Nov 2014 with a local, non-student, credit union card. It's still open, SL $500 and through 3 HP and 1 SP increases, now sits at $10,000. I would product change it from 1% everything to the 1.5% everything version, but I like the fixed 11.99 APR because I think it's neat to have one as a credit card even if I don't carry balances.

Clench that fixed rate tightly as they don't exist anymore!

I have a CU one that's 6.9F that I worked down from their middle tier of ~15% over the years as my profile got stronger and scores went up.  Opened 2 of them with the same CU for 5K and eventually combined them and topped them out at 16.5K.  I went through older cards a couple of years ago and took some HP's to CLI the stragglers and this one apparently changed the rules over the years if you don't have any other active accounts with them to not allow further CLI's beyond 10K so, I'll keep my 16.5K @ 6.9F for when there's a balance that needs to be carried and they don't charge a BT fee and if you want cash it's only 1% draw for the fee with the same APR.

Message 9 of 19
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

A plain BOA card in 2008 with a 600SL. Kept as is for years because I never paid any attention to credit cards until later. Now it's a $10,000CL cash rewards.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.