Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do for a living?

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: What do you do for a living?

I own a pool service and repair company in Florida. I've been doing it for about 3 years and definitely did not plan on it but took advantage of an opporitunity. It's been doing well. I'm a licensed pool contractor and all of that good stuff so just trucking along! 

Personal:

Business:

Message 21 of 123
BessTruman
Regular Contributor

I am a jazz pianist and singer.    I teach in an afterschool program at a fancy private school in NJ; Malcolm and Steve Forbes when there.  I teach piano and voice.   I also teach 1 day a week at a Montessori school.   I am currently preparing for a solo piano and voice record.  I'll be recording the end of the month.   

I also play at a church and do private parties and events.  You have to do a lot when you are a musician.  lol  

Before this,  I ran a very successful boutique private party business and did parties for Micheal Jordan, Sting, George Soros, Ron Perelman, Martha Stewart...many others.  Had a handshake deal... 50/50,  with my ex and he sold it without telling me.  With the stroke of a pen my life was turned upside down.  I had to start my entire life all over again.    Ce la Vie.....Smiley Sad   

I enjoy the different music jobs I do.   When my record comes out I will probably be hitting the road.     

Message 22 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truck driver for about 10 years. Mechanic before that. Overall I like what I do it has its ups and downs. Used to drive long haul over the road out a few months at a time. Got married started coming home every few weeks then moved into local driving. Currently I drive a chip truck for a small company with around 13 trucks(started with him when he had 3) delivering pine and hardwood chips, bark, sawdust from various sawmills/chipmills to papermills. Some of the products that the chips end up being are angelsoft tp, dixie paperplates, and cardboard boxes. Work around 70-90 hours a week on nightshift usually 2-4pm - 5-8am. It can be hard work with long stressful hours and over regulated probably wouldnt recomend it to others as a career.

Message 23 of 123
marty56
Super Contributor

I'm a cyber security engineer.  LOL just a fancy name for a programmer.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 24 of 123
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Username tells it all. 35 years in Fire/Rescue. 2 part time jobs. ER Paramedic and NASCAR/IMSA/ISC Certified FireMedic Daytona Int'l Speedway. Travel around different ISC owned Speedways to work the races. Retirement coming in 2 yrs.

Message 25 of 123
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Username tells it all. 35 years in Fire/Rescue. 2 part time jobs. ER Paramedic and NASCAR/IMSA/ISC Certified FireMedic Daytona Int'l Speedway. Travel around different ISC owned Speedways to work the races. Retirement coming in 2 yrs.

Sounds like a neat job to haveSmiley Happy

Good luck on your retirementSmiley Very Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 26 of 123
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Sounds like a neat job to haveSmiley Happy

Its fun working the races. Been on TV a few times working the wrecks. FD getting woke up every 3rd night of my life multiple times for garbage non-emergency 911 calls I wont miss. The real med calls and firefighting is the best part. Thanks! It will be weird sleeping at home 7 days a week. Bring it on!

Message 27 of 123
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Sounds like a neat job to have:Smiley Happy

Its fun working the races. Been on TV a few times working the wrecks. FD getting woke up every 3rd night of my life multiple times for garbage non-emergency 911 calls I wont miss. The real med calls and firefighting is the best part. Thanks! It will be weird sleeping at home 7 days a week. Bring it on!

Thanks for all you do, saving lives. I work at my local hospital and and very grateful to fire and resue departments.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 28 of 123
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Very interesting topic/thread. It's always nice to read what people do and how they got there.

Me personally - Degree in Systems and Security Engineering, before I finished my Bachelors, I was offered a position at Chase as a systems/network/audio video engineer, stuck with them for 3 years before I got bored/annoyed/agitated with Politics and all that jazz. Left Chase and started my own IT business. Had that for a year before I sold that. Moved into Telecommunications and had a few AT&T Authorized retail stores, did that for about 3 years before I sold them, decided a 9-5 was better at this point and got an analyst position in EMR for a Hospital. Moved to another hospital but same position. Been doing that since.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 29 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paralegal and only employee for a small personal injury firm.

Message 30 of 123
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.