cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do for a living?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Re: What do you do for a living?

I own a pool service and repair company in Florida. I've been doing it for about 3 years and definitely did not plan on it but took advantage of an opporitunity. It's been doing well. I'm a licensed pool contractor and all of that good stuff so just trucking along! 

Personal:

Business:

Message 21 of 101
New Contributor

I am a jazz pianist and singer.    I teach in an afterschool program at a fancy private school in NJ; Malcolm and Steve Forbes when there.  I teach piano and voice.   I also teach 1 day a week at a Montessori school.   I am currently preparing for a solo piano and voice record.  I'll be recording the end of the month.   

I also play at a church and do private parties and events.  You have to do a lot when you are a musician.  lol  

Before this,  I ran a very successful boutique private party business and did parties for Micheal Jordan, Sting, George Soros, Ron Perelman, Martha Stewart...many others.  Had a handshake deal... 50/50,  with my ex and he sold it without telling me.  With the stroke of a pen my life was turned upside down.  I had to start my entire life all over again.    Ce la Vie.....Smiley Sad   

I enjoy the different music jobs I do.   When my record comes out I will probably be hitting the road.     

Message 22 of 101
Established Member

Truck driver for about 10 years. Mechanic before that. Overall I like what I do it has its ups and downs. Used to drive long haul over the road out a few months at a time. Got married started coming home every few weeks then moved into local driving. Currently I drive a chip truck for a small company with around 13 trucks(started with him when he had 3) delivering pine and hardwood chips, bark, sawdust from various sawmills/chipmills to papermills. Some of the products that the chips end up being are angelsoft tp, dixie paperplates, and cardboard boxes. Work around 70-90 hours a week on nightshift usually 2-4pm - 5-8am. It can be hard work with long stressful hours and over regulated probably wouldnt recomend it to others as a career.

Message 23 of 101
Super Contributor

I'm a cyber security engineer.  LOL just a fancy name for a programmer.

10/11/2019: FICO 841 EQ 838 TU 850 EX
Message 24 of 101
Senior Contributor

Username tells it all. 35 years in Fire/Rescue. 2 part time jobs. ER Paramedic and NASCAR/IMSA/ISC Certified FireMedic Daytona Int'l Speedway. Travel around different ISC owned Speedways to work the races. Retirement coming in 2 yrs.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 25 of 101
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Username tells it all. 35 years in Fire/Rescue. 2 part time jobs. ER Paramedic and NASCAR/IMSA/ISC Certified FireMedic Daytona Int'l Speedway. Travel around different ISC owned Speedways to work the races. Retirement coming in 2 yrs.

Sounds like a neat job to haveSmiley Happy

Good luck on your retirementSmiley Very Happy

EXP 753 TU 781 EQ 733
Message 26 of 101
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Sounds like a neat job to haveSmiley Happy

Its fun working the races. Been on TV a few times working the wrecks. FD getting woke up every 3rd night of my life multiple times for garbage non-emergency 911 calls I wont miss. The real med calls and firefighting is the best part. Thanks! It will be weird sleeping at home 7 days a week. Bring it on!

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 27 of 101
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Sounds like a neat job to have:Smiley Happy

Its fun working the races. Been on TV a few times working the wrecks. FD getting woke up every 3rd night of my life multiple times for garbage non-emergency 911 calls I wont miss. The real med calls and firefighting is the best part. Thanks! It will be weird sleeping at home 7 days a week. Bring it on!

Thanks for all you do, saving lives. I work at my local hospital and and very grateful to fire and resue departments.

EXP 753 TU 781 EQ 733
Message 28 of 101
Valued Contributor

Very interesting topic/thread. It's always nice to read what people do and how they got there.

Me personally - Degree in Systems and Security Engineering, before I finished my Bachelors, I was offered a position at Chase as a systems/network/audio video engineer, stuck with them for 3 years before I got bored/annoyed/agitated with Politics and all that jazz. Left Chase and started my own IT business. Had that for a year before I sold that. Moved into Telecommunications and had a few AT&T Authorized retail stores, did that for about 3 years before I sold them, decided a 9-5 was better at this point and got an analyst position in EMR for a Hospital. Moved to another hospital but same position. Been doing that since.

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 29 of 101
Valued Contributor

Paralegal and only employee for a small personal injury firm.

Message 30 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.