Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which bank can grow the most

tag
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Which bank can grow the most

I am hypothetically considering moving all my spending to one bank. Which bank do you think could grow the most? Assuming all things are equal, including good scores and assets under management where applicable.

AMEX (This is what I'm guessing)

Apple/GS

CITI

First Tech Fed (PNW CU)

US Bank

Wells Fargo

Thanks for your input and thoughts.

EQ - 841 / TU - 813/ EX - 823

2025 Plans - Close everything except USB AR and open USB Smartly, there is a small chance I keep my AMEX Business Marriott for the hidden business credit line. Closed so far: FTF 35k, BECU 40k, WF Autograph 22k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Which bank can grow the most

@IntegerIntrovert wrote:

I am hypothetically considering moving all my spending to one bank. Which bank do you think could grow the most? Assuming all things are equal, including good scores and assets under management where applicable.

Apple/GS

CITI

First Tech Fed (PNW CU)

US Bank

Wells Fargo

Thanks for your input and thoughts.

Amex can grow the most and the most quickly, but with enough spend and income, there's no saying that the others can't grow quite impressively as well and based on your limits, they already have. 

amex will most easily give you whatever your spend + income (w/docs) justifies you in having, seeing as you're already over $60k, you've seen this for yourself. if you want more ask for more with Amex.

you're surely at the level where your assets give you somebody personalized to talk to you, talk to them if you wanted higher limits at citi/us bank/wf

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

0/6, 3/12, 10/24
Message 2 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

If you want to include relationship banking, moving everything to wells **bleep**o will probably be the quickest depending on what and how much you're moving over. The others aren't relationship based 

Message 3 of 8
Traveler101
Established Contributor

While First Tech is great for dishing out high limits, keep in mind, what you see is what you get. You will have to take a hp for additional cli's. Great card, great institution, fantastic benefits. 

Boa. Great service, fast to grow with the rite profile, sp cli's. Example, opened with 24k limit. 1 purchase, 1300.00 pif. 4 months open, 10k cli. Only relationship was a small savings account. Many data points suggest cli's after 91 days. I'm a week away from 2nd attempt. I've since moved 15k into the savings account and did a balance transfer

with them to sweeten the relationship. Will it work? Idk. About to find out. I have found them to be extremely generous. Of course, YMMV. 

I personally recommend both. A good cu that can take you to high limits and a good bank that can do just the same. Neither of these had a strong relationship with me. And both have treated me well. Best of luck to you on your choices.

Message 4 of 8
citymunky
Established Contributor

@IntegerIntrovert wrote:

Apple/GS

CITI

First Tech Fed (PNW CU)

US Bank

Wells Fargo

Out of that list, AMEX would grow the fastest. However AMEX is not accpeted everywhere. 

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24), Self $625 CL {$350 Secured } (Aug21-Jul24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 5 of 8
markbeiser
Established Contributor

When you say "grow," do you mean just credit card limits, or other financial benefits and services?

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.
Current FICO8:
Message 6 of 8
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Card limits.

EQ - 841 / TU - 813/ EX - 823

2025 Plans - Close everything except USB AR and open USB Smartly, there is a small chance I keep my AMEX Business Marriott for the hidden business credit line. Closed so far: FTF 35k, BECU 40k, WF Autograph 22k
Message 7 of 8
markbeiser
Established Contributor

@IntegerIntrovert wrote:

Card limits.

Probably AmEx then, unless you can qualify to join NFCU.

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.
Current FICO8:
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.