Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2016 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: April 2016 Check-In Thread

I have paid off 5 judgements mostly 2 years old the other 6 years old. The lawyers have agreed to vacate the judgements in 4 cases the other refused. I have filed a motion to vacate/dismiss this judgement, served the lawyer hearing scheduled for 4/15/16. Does anyone know how much my score will increase when 4 judgements 2 years old are removed ?
Message 11 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I have paid off 5 judgements mostly 2 years old the other 6 years old. The lawyers have agreed to vacate the judgements in 4 cases the other refused. I have filed a motion to vacate/dismiss this judgement, served the lawyer hearing scheduled for 4/15/16. Does anyone know how much my score will increase when 4 judgements 2 years old are removed ?

If you still have the judgement on there probably not extremely much; 5-15 points would be my SWAG at least based on how Tax Liens / Collections appear to be handled.  Getting the last judgement off there if the 5 judgements are your only dirty marks, that's where the money is.  If you have other negatives, they'll continue to depress your score.

Well done getting 4/5 resolved though!  Hope you're successful in the last one as well.

        
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. The judgements are going to be removed. Do you think that will increase my score more than 5-15 points in total for all 5 removals ?

Message 13 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your response. The judgements are going to be removed. Do you think that will increase my score more than 5-15 points in total for all 5 removals ?

If those 5 judgements are the sum total of your negative marks (i.e. no more lates, collections, tax liens, BK's etc) then yeah, possibly substantially more dependant on the rest of your file (positive tradelines).  If you have anything else on there though that's negative, you'll still be in the dirty buckets and that'll depress your score severely compared to where it could be.

        
Message 14 of 27
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Hello Kenny.  Please tell me what is going on over at TU.  I received my fico alert from TU today 4-4-16 just to find out that my score dropped 43 pts when just on 4-1-16 TU reported my score from 546 to 553.  Well I am livid and this is all from the same score factors.  Now of course TU hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor.  I need love from my fellow ficoians  ha ha.  Also, the famous Pentagon fcu closed my installment this month as satisfactorily paid which dropped my experian score from 606 to 583.  I opened another installment with NFCU today 4-4-16 which is secured.  All in all April is starting out ok except for TU.  I want to report them to CFPB.  TU does this every month.  What can I do?  Current ficos are eq 564 TU 511 exp 583.  

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone!

Im new to the challenge but figured its better late than never.

I filed BK and it discharged in 2014 and have been leary to get any credit. I couldnt say what my credit score was then but it was high enough to be approved for a new car loan at 20% interest, which was the best I could get at the time since the Used Car loan offered had 24% interest.

Since I have had some life changes, getting married and forsee kids in the future, that was enough to get a true hold of understanding my credit and getting it back on track. 

I didnt know that there was a problem until 2015 when I found out that my tax return had been taken by ECMC for student loans. I was furious because they defaulted my accounts one month after the discharge. Which is amazing since they had the paperwork and didnt forbearance my accounts like everyone else. Even after the completing the Rehab with them in Feb 2016, my accounts are still showing collections and defaulted so thats an uphill battle with them. The items on my account that are hurting me the most are the Student Loans.

Credit Cards

Cap1 Secured $200 CL

US Bank Secured $300 CL

Scores as of 4/5/16 (Using CCT)

EX 563

TU 537

EQ 539

Accounts

Installment 21

Revolving 2

14 showing derogatory and 6 delinquent

Goals:

Get all of my students loans  up to date and consalidated under one company. Currently $75K

Refinance my car loan. Currently $17k balance

Credit Score 700

Put myself in a better position to purchase my first home 2017-2018

I look forward to making this happen.

Message 16 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tricie17 wrote:

Hello Kenny.  Please tell me what is going on over at TU.  I received my fico alert from TU today 4-4-16 just to find out that my score dropped 43 pts when just on 4-1-16 TU reported my score from 546 to 553.  Well I am livid and this is all from the same score factors.  Now of course TU hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor.  I need love from my fellow ficoians  ha ha.  Also, the famous Pentagon fcu closed my installment this month as satisfactorily paid which dropped my experian score from 606 to 583.  I opened another installment with NFCU today 4-4-16 which is secured.  All in all April is starting out ok except for TU.  I want to report them to CFPB.  TU does this every month.  What can I do?  Current ficos are eq 564 TU 511 exp 583.  

There's something screwy in the TU monitoring as of late, it's happened to a number of individuals.  Something is being strangely cached on the Transunion side which the monitoring solution pulls it's data from and it shows up time to time.  

Not really certain what can be done about it, if you pull a full report it'll be back to normal if your pattern holds to others who have reported something similar; it's something wonky in the monitoring solution generally though it's worth checking the base Transunion report just to make sure.  

        
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally made my goal of having 800 across the board.  I either had 1 or 2 scores but TU always lagged behind.  Now, I updated my goal to have 825 across the board.  According to the simulator, I could reach scores above 840 in 24 mths.  That's a long time from now but makes me feel good anyway.

Message 18 of 27
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Emeritus.  I needed some clarification to calm down.  So if I pull a report you think it will bounce back.  You would think that with all the noise, this mess would get straighten out.  I will wait it out for month.  A sister has a hard enough time.  Between 4-4-16 to today 4-6-16, exp has my score up 10 pts.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have one out of 8 credit cards with a balance now. 

NFCU Nav check 0/2000

NFCU secure 0/500

NFCU cash rewards 0/1000

NFCU go rewards 9787/10000

Cap 1 QS MC 0/500

Cap 1 QS Vi 0/750

Barclay 0/4100

Best Buy 0/500

Today I received a 1,700 auto CLI from Barclays from 2400 to 4100.  Since it is a soft pull, I've been testing the LUV button from Cap 1.  After them letting me pc my platinum card after 5 years and 8 months, they finally are offering a 1000 increase on my QS MC and 1500 on my QS Visa.  A few days ago it was 0 on the mastercard and 100, yep 100,on the visa. I rejectedit, then tried again a few days later after my scores went up a few points.  It was 1,000 on both.  I rejected that too.  Today it was 1000 on master card, and 1500 on visa. I will try again after my barclay card reports a 0 balance and limit increase on 3/7.  I'm hoping for a 5k in crease at least combined, and then I will pay 500 to my NFCU card to get util below 49 % for the next bump in scores.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.