Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2020 Check In Thread

tag
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

Re: September 2020 Check In Thread

@KangiCosmos I am glad you are getting back in track after such life events. You already have awareness and focus. Now, is for you to develop the discipline required not too loose that focus! Also, don't forget to save. A savings account can help you when unexpected purchases are needed. Even $1 saved could help you not borrow with interest + lower your CC UTIL. Best of wishes on you moving forward upwards!

AU:

Message 21 of 45
KangiCosmos
New Contributor

@CreditBones wrote:

@KangiCosmos I am glad you are getting back in track after such life events. You already have awareness and focus. Now, is for you to develop the discipline required not too loose that focus! Also, don't forget to save. A savings account can help you when unexpected purchases are needed. Even $1 saved could help you not borrow with interest + lower your CC UTIL. Best of wishes on you moving forward upwards!

Thank you so much! I have learned so much from these forums! Yes I'm starting on my savings next month, as soon as my daughter has her grand opening for her Barber Shop. I've been spending a lot of time getting it ready. I just have to finish re-upholstering some antique furniture. Finish revamping the stations, then I'll have hand surgery (I broke it in June tripping over a ladder lol). I want to finish this stuff before surgery because I don't want to damage it while it heals. I'll be able to consentrate on bringing in more income. It's been a roller coaster of a year that's for sure! I got my business license this year but am only taking clients by referral. I haven't even gone public yet to try and bring in business. I'll be able to give it full attention soon as I wont be pulled in so many directions. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 45
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

@CreditBones wrote:

Hello y'all!
Wishing everyone is doing better!

[...]

From July to August, both my EX FICO 8 & 9 jumped a big leap. But my PenFed’s EQ FICO 9 dropped 16 points, and I cannot, for the life of me, pinpoint why that happened.

¯\_()_/¯

Scores from July to August 2020:

772 -> 781 - EX FICO 8

718 -> 763 - EX FICO 9 (via Wells Fargo)

694 <> 694 - EQ FICO 9 (via PenFed)

Scores from August to September 2020:

781 <> 781 - EX FICO 8

763 <> 763 - EX FICO 9 (via Wells Fargo)

694 -> 678 - EQ FICO 9 (via PenFed)

UPDATE!!!  ٩( ᐛ )و 

I just noticed a 19 points EX9 score increase via the WF app (update based on their 9/5 EX9 update)!!!

New score from August to September 2020:

763 -> 782 - EX FICO 9 (via Wells Fargo)

Things that may have (and/or didn't) happened, that could've contributed to this change:

• Aug 16 - The AmexGold NPSL reported "InvalidUsage" on the % UTIL category, even though I left $10.00 pass over onto the bill. (Is it a good idea to request a CL on it? I already have a the BC with a $10K CL, and I wouldn't need it to be a high CL, it is just for the sake of reporting.)

• Aug 24 - The PenFed Visa reported 1% UTIL

• Sep 1 - WF Visa reported 0% UTIL (the billing cycle had already closed when I decided to leave 1% pass over onto the bill)

• The last time the Amex BC reported was on Jul 29 (0% Util). I am waiting for it to showcase the 1% that should have updated on Aug 29.

AU:

Message 23 of 45
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

@CreditBones wrote:

@CreditBones wrote:

Hello y'all!
Wishing everyone is doing better!

Scores from July to August 2020:

772 -> 781 - EX FICO 8

718 -> 763 - EX FICO 9 (via Wells Fargo)

694 <> 694 - EQ FICO 9 (via PenFed)

Scores from August to September 2020:

781 <> 781 - EX FICO 8

763 <> 763 - EX FICO 9 (via Wells Fargo)

694 -> 678 - EQ FICO 9 (via PenFed)

UPDATE!!!  ٩( ᐛ )و 

I just noticed a 19 points EX9 score increase via the WF app (update based on their 9/5 EX9 update)!!!

763 -> 782 - EX FICO 9 (via Wells Fargo)

Things that may have (and/or didn't) happened, that could've contributed to this change:

• Aug 16 - The AmexGold NPSL reported "InvalidUsage" on the % UTIL category, even though I left $10.00 pass over onto the bill. (Is it a good idea to request a CL on it? I already have a the BC with a $10K CL, and I wouldn't need it to be a high CL, it is just for the sake of reporting.)

• Aug 24 - The PenFed Visa reported 1% UTIL

• Sep 1 - WF Visa reported 0% UTIL (the billing cycle had already closed when I decided to leave 1% pass over onto the bill)

• The last time the Amex BC reported was on Jul 29 (0% Util). I am waiting for it to showcase the 1% that should have updated on Aug 29.

UPDATE No.2!!! Double yay!  ٩( ᐛ )و ٩( ᐛ )و

My experian app just updated today, and it shows a 16 points EX8 score increase!!!

781 -> 797 - EX FICO 8

It is surreal that my EX8 increased 100 points in 9 months! "Not even on my wildest dreams...!"

And still, there's work to be done, and time I need to wait for. But, better scores are ahead!

Here's my progress through the year.

Leyend:
   EXF8 - FICO Score 8 for Experian via Experian

WFEXF9 - FICO Score 9 for Experian via Wells Fargo
   PFEQF9 - FICO Score 9 for Equifax via PenFed
   CKEQVS3 - VantageScore 3.0 for Equifax via Credit Karma 

CKTUVS3 - VantageScore 3.0 for TransUnion via Credit Karma

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 11.19.22 AM.png

AU:

Message 24 of 45
Raison
Established Member

Well my Sept gardening hasnt been to bad. Lost 10 points but I have gained so much that and those 10 points should be easy to regain again. Still waiting on one card to report that hasnt since July. I have a count down to march when one of my accounts is getting ready to hopefully do the 7 year drop off which I'm super excited to see what happens with my scores. Slowly closing in on the end of 2020 (yay!!!) Paying off my accounts. Cant wait to see the growth. Hoping to close out Sept with a 20-30 point growth in the credit score bringing to a mid 600s across the board score. 

Message 25 of 45
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

Well I have been away pretty much since closing on my house in Feb of this year.  Crazy rollercoaster but kept faith that things would work out.  See corporate came in 12 days after I closed on my house and let the entire branch staff go (including the manager).  Thank goodness we still had some money put to the side and I started receiving unemployment while actively searching for a job.  I am proud to say despite all the craziness, I have never been late or missed any payments on my mortgage, car, credit cards, utilities, etc.  Yes, I have been VERY blessed.  I am still technically unemployed as I wait for my background check to clear so I can start my new job.  In the meantime, hubby stepped up and made sure the money continued to flow in by studying his field better to make more sales.

I finally made it to the 700 club on my TransUnion.  Equifax is at 682 and Experian is a hot mess at 601.  I have too many inquiries on Experian which tanked my score with them when I was looking for a car in April (and last April when I settled on a lease car).  I have some falling off soon though.  My goal is to be 750 and over across the board.  I have been very careful to keep my credit cards low (8%) by running them up and paying before my statement.  I am sure the cc companies are mad that I do that but its raising my scores.

Hope everyone else is staying healthy, doing well and being blessed! Smiley Happy

Starting Fico 8 Score Dec 2019: 469 TU 501 EQ 453 EX
Current Score: 819 TU 795 EQ 796 EX
Goal Score: 820 Across the board
First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TXPocohontasyou sure are paying attention! Grats' on your planning!

As to being unemployed that is totally too bad! Shock probably hits it! Getting caught like that stinks! As you have, keep the faith!

Best Wishes and stay tuned in here! Glad to have you.

Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raison you have been working aggressively on your credit and it shows! Fingers crossed you can knock those scores dead in September!
Message 28 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie here just trying to read everything and get in "the loop" so to say. I have taught myself so much about credit its like a whole new college course..lol...only in college they dont teach you NOTHING about fico scores except you got one. I have my mom 83 and little boy 9 (chronic asthma) with me and I am praying to God I can get my score up to a 640 so I can buy a house. The landlord told me last month she is selling this one and I have never missed rent payments anywhere I have lived before, but I am tired of moving and now with the Virus I am hoping this can be our last. I have done all I can do at this point, it is a waiting game now. I did a rental kharma hoping next week I will be blessed with more pts (3 yrs on time pymts) and I did the OPT out thing, and I did kikoff lending(up 15 pts), and Boost(up19pts), and now have one last collection to pay(although paying these has taken my score down!)-I also increased my limit on both my US bank and Discover Secured cards from 500 to 1000(3 yrs on time pymts there) hoping they give me pts next week for that! Ok so other than my car loan, 2 credit cards, (no judgement or bankruptcies), 7 inquiries-I am in Gods hands Smiley Happy  My goal is to get at least enough to qualify for my home, then I can DREAM of having the 850 I see people have Smiley Happy Smiley Happy God Bless and Care for everyone on here! ps. I will appreciate ANY advice if any one can help...Please and Thank You! 

Message 29 of 45
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Hi @Anonymous , and welcome toi the forum!

I am on my first sip of coffee and typing with one eye open. So please excuse me.

You have found a gem of resources here.

First off, If you don't already have one, may I suggest a good quality Hepa air purifier, it can really help some with asthma.

Second, that is an awesome goal on wanting to purchase a house, it will pay off in many ways (equity and taxes / write off)

Here is a link to The scoring primer master thread, it is a little complex, but take in what you can.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/General-Scoring-Primer-and-Version-8-Master-Thread-pub-5-17-20/m-p/6023348#M169679

Also I will page @AllZero , for anything that I might be missing? on scoring and planning to buy a house.

Again .. Welcome! ....Take care!

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.