Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score up 20 points when my newest account is 6 months old

tag
folks19
Frequent Contributor

Credit score up 20 points when my newest account is 6 months old

Recently, I got to a point where my newest account was 6 months old, and my score went up by over 20 points. Did anybody also have this when your newest account got 6 months old?

10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit score up 20 points when my newest account is 6 months old

Congratulations on score increase. There are data points that would suggest score increase at 3, 6 or 9 months depending on the credit profile. Definitely, when AoYRA reaches 12 months.

I would recommend reading the below from Birdman7
General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread rev.5.17.20

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

And the 3-6-9 award is only at TU, I believe.

OP, which bureau? And are these fico scores or fako scores?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

And as @AllZero said, it depends on the scorecard, usually young cards. 

Message 4 of 11
folks19
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
And the 3-6-9 award is only at TU, I believe.

OP, which bureau? And are these fico scores or fako scores?

All bureaus, and it was for FICO in EX and vantage score for TU and EQ. Those are just the scores I have access to.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me be the 1st to tell you that your Vantage scores are basically meaningless. CK is great to view your data, but ignore the score.

What was the change in fico score at Experian? And @AllZero will be happy to tell you how you can get your scores for almost nothing or free I’m sure!
Message 6 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

UNOFFICIAL LIST of credit cards and which score they provide

Message 7 of 11
folks19
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Let me be the 1st to tell you that your Vantage scores are basically meaningless. CK is great to view your data, but ignore the score.

What was the change in fico score at Experian? And @AllZero will be happy to tell you how you can get your scores for almost nothing or free I’m sure!

The change to the FICO score was also a bit over 20 points. I know that CK score is almost meaningless, but the thing is that is wasn't only in CK that this happened. It happened also to my FICO score.

Message 8 of 11
folks19
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

UNOFFICIAL LIST of credit cards and which score they provide

I'm not sure if there's a need because i already get a free EX fico score on the Experian app every month, and I also get a free TU fico score from another place, so it's only the EQ which i would need to pay for, and I don't think that's worth it because I already have the data from CK and I can compair with my other scores based on the information on my report.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@folks19 wrote:

Recently, I got to a point where my newest account was 6 months old, and my score went up by over 20 points. Did anybody also have this when your newest account got 6 months old?

I sure did - up +7 to as much as +29 points, across all 3 CRAs and 28 FICO scores: see this post for a table of all score changes.

+9 to +12 on the 3 Classic 8 scores, and +12 to +26 on the mortage scores.

If your profile is under 3 years like mine, expect something good every 3 months. AAoA at 9mo and 1yr6mo on TU 8 is good for +7.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.