Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False SW alert...

tag
bluescale
Regular Contributor

False SW alert...

I just received a SW alert stating that my SW score dropped.  However, when I look at the alert, it first says my score has dropped below the target, and then states that my score hasn't canged.  Looking at the actual score, it hasn't moved since I signed up for the service a week ago.

Any idea what might be going on?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LLMT
Regular Contributor

Re: False SW alert...

Do you have it set up to monitor for mortgage rates in Settings? That could possibly be why it dropped below "target" without an actual score change.

Message 2 of 3
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Re: False SW alert...

I do have it set to monitor mortgage rates, but that didn't change either.  Interestingly enough, a couple days after this false alert, I received an alert that my score went up 15 points.  Again, there were no concrete details.  Here's what the alert stated:

Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report. This can happen if:

• The balances on one or more of your credit accounts decreased. In general, less debt is better for your score.
  • The credit limit on one or more of your credit accounts increased. Larger credit limits tend to help your FICO® scores if your balances remain the same.
  • Negative information on your credit report, such as a bankruptcy, collection, or record of a late payment, was removed because it was more than 7 years old (or 10 years old in the case of a bankruptcy).
  • Negative information on your credit report is not harming your FICO® score as much as before because it is now older. Past negative credit behavior, like missing payments or defaulting on loans, are offset over time by more recent history of credit responsibility.

Frankly, I'm not going to thing about it too much, especially since things are moving in the right direction.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.