Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with cards UTI/AZEO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with cards UTI/AZEO

Calling all the experts. Need to make sure my score doesn't drop since I'm in the middle of buying a house and can't let this hurt my credit. Just got two secured cards graduate to unsecured and one of them increased my limit from $500 to $10,000. 
So I'm torn and confused as to how much balance i should carry and on which card, these are the ones I have :

Amex Delta Reserve CL $3,700 

Vantage west credit union CL 10,000 

BofA MasterCard - $500

Open Sky -$200 

also just got a capital one quicksilver for $300 two weeks ago but not sure when it will report since first payment is due in July. 

4 REPLIES 4
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with cards UTI/AZEO

For optimal reporting you would want a balance of ~ $10-$20 on one of your bankcards, with the others reporting $0.  Amex Delta, BoA, and OpenSky should all work as the balance-carrying card.  Your Vantage West CU card should as well, but some credit union cards don't get coded correctly, so it's prly better to report the small balance on one of the others if you don't have time to experiment.  Also, regarding your new Cap1 card, be aware that the new account could have an effect on your mortgage process, both with regards to the potential scoring impacts when it reports and the concern it may cause your underwriter with regards to credit seeking.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I've experimented with the Vantage west CU card and they do report the balance amount if you have any after the 5th, their closing date. 
The lender pulled my credit for the last time before I got my capital one, just told me not to actually add any debt to my cards to avoid any issues, clearly I am not that stupid I worked so hard to get rid of the issues in my credit report already. 

Message 3 of 5
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

The usual advice is not to apply for any new credit until you have your keys in hand, but if your credit isn't pulled again between now and then you should be fine.  The thing you would need to experiment with on your Vantage West card is not whether they report your balances but whether they code their cards correctly as bankcards for reporting.  Really the only way to do that is to try AZEO w/ one of your other bankcards one month and then do AZEO with the CU card the next and see whether you lose points or not.

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Calling all the experts. Need to make sure my score doesn't drop since I'm in the middle of buying a house and can't let this hurt my credit. Just got two secured cards graduate to unsecured and one of them increased my limit from $500 to $10,000. 
So I'm torn and confused as to how much balance i should carry and on which card, these are the ones I have :

Amex Delta Reserve CL $3,700 

Vantage west credit union CL 10,000 

BofA MasterCard - $500

Open Sky -$200 

also just got a capital one quicksilver for $300 two weeks ago but not sure when it will report since first payment is due in July. 

1. It was a mistake to get the Capital One card while in the process of getting a mortgage but there's nothing you can do about that now.

2. To optimize your revolving credit for your mortgage scores and DTI, you should have all but one of the cards report a zero balance while the one reporting card -- preferably the Amex -- reports a small balance before you pay it off.  Vantage West reports the balance from the 5th of the month, Amex and Bank of America report the statement balance. I'm not familiar with Open Sky.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.