Did you mean: 

Inquiry categories and binning

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiry categories and binning

I don't believe I did. Here's the CK screenshot:

76699537-6051-4CD7-A7F0-5F43E272AA1A.jpeg

The THD/CBNA pulls were CLI tries from Citi on my Home Depot card (that was a battle I won't fight again). Disco pull was for my second card. CBMA in May was taking a stab at a Citi DC card. CapOne was for the car via Auto Navigator, and PenFed was for the PCR card. 

Message 51 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Can you tell me the point loss for each under 12 months, if any, or if buffered 30 days?

Message 52 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I'm at work right now getting settled in. I'll pull my notes and compare my score change chart with the inquiry dates and give you the changes for each pull in just a bit.

Message 53 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , see below. I have charts showing dates of score changes per bureau, along with the new score showing that day. The point losses/gains at each inquiry date are as follows, newest to oldest per the screenshot above. All point/score references are for EQ FICO8:

9/19/2020: -4

5/27/2020: 0

5/7/2020: -2

5/4/2020: +10 (this was during my big UTI paydown and I had two cards report right around this date, dropping individual usage from 80+% to zero); likely my point gain was higher than that, and the inquiry cost me a few of those points, with a net +10 when the dust settled

10/26/2019: no data unfortunately - I did not have a MF subscription at the time

As noted above, for 5/4/2020 there were large balance reductions happening at the same time so that DP can't be considered - I'm unable to break out score change due to balances separately from score change due to the inquiry. For all others, no balance changes happened on those days.

Message 54 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous , see below. I have charts showing dates of score changes per bureau, along with the new score showing that day. The point losses/gains at each inquiry date are as follows, newest to oldest per the screenshot above. All point/score references are for EQ FICO8:

9/19/2020: -4

5/27/2020: 0

5/7/2020: -2

5/4/2020: +10 (this was during my big UTI paydown and I had two cards report right around this date, dropping individual usage from 80+% to zero); likely my point gain was higher than that, and the inquiry cost me a few of those points, with a net +10 when the dust settled

10/26/2019: no data unfortunately - I did not have a MF subscription at the time

As noted above, for 5/4/2020 there were large balance reductions happening at the same time so that DP can't be considered - I'm unable to break out score change due to balances separately from score change due to the inquiry. For all others, no balance changes happened on those days.

@Anonymous totally awesome thank you for the wonderful data points! very much appreciated brother!

Message 55 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anytime my friend. I'll go over TU and EX also since I have loan inquiries on those bureaus as well, and dated score change charts for them too. Won't be relevant to PenFed but it's still loan-inquiry-point DPs. I'll put those together too and post them just to add to the available info.

Message 56 of 57
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Below is link to apartment inquiries

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/does-rental-application-hurt-credit-score/ 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.