cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@KJinNC wrote:

March 2019: FICOs unknown, VS low 500s
Today: Hit 800 in a FICO 8 (Experian) for the first time yesterday. The other two are in the 760s and 770s.

How I got here: Removed three derogs, which resulted in me having clean and nearly blank credit reports; added a bunch of accounts; paid all my bills on time.

X factor: Massive credit-seeking behavior; in reality, my credit is "ok" rather than "great", because being 17/24 and 5/12 freaks some lenders out. While I easily qualify for the numeric part of the thread title, I do not consider myself a "high achiever". I am not sure, for example, if I could get a card from US Bank and I'm sure I could not get one from Chase. I was rejected for an NFCU Flagship in August, which was my most recent application/inquiry. But considering where I was and where I am now, I'm pleased. I could not have done it without this community.

Congrats @KJinNC and thanks for taking the time to share your story!  You may not be there yet but sounds like you're on the way to "high achiever" status.  Just keep plodding along and time with some good behavior heals even the ugliest credit wounds slowly but surely!   Smiley Happy

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 1911 of 2,020
lowspender
Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

I wouldn't mind posting my 3 scores in here, I'm proud of the progress they represent. First, I'd like to learn how to fix my Exp report ,which is 56 points lower than the other 2 cra's. They all have largely the same information, the discrepancies amount to mostly what I'm told is insignificant (closed accounts, paid off) and the variable that is reported differently, is most favorable on the low score.
Should I make a thread with a title similar to the above differences..and which forum would that fit in best?
edit- just saw 2 titles that mention numbers in the title. This might be the subforum to use..

Message 1912 of 2,020
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@lowspender wrote:

I wouldn't mind posting my 3 scores in here, I'm proud of the progress they represent. First, I'd like to learn how to fix my Exp report ,which is 56 points lower than the other 2 cra's. They all have largely the same information, the discrepancies amount to mostly what I'm told is insignificant (closed accounts, paid off) and the variable that is reported differently, is most favorable on the low score.
Should I make a thread with a title similar to the above differences..and which forum would that fit in best?
edit- just saw 2 titles that mention numbers in the title. This might be the subforum to use..

If you want the community's help in looking for the source of the difference, starting a new thread on the "Understanding FICO Scoring" board would probably be best, yeah.  Be sure to include the details of your profile from all three bureaus so that those helping you can be working from a full picture.

Message 1913 of 2,020
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Slabenstein wrote:

@lowspender wrote:

If you want the community's help in looking for the source of the difference, starting a new thread on the "Understanding FICO Scoring" board would probably be best, yeah.  Be sure to include the details of your profile from all three bureaus so that those helping you can be working from a full picture.

+1 ^ ^   That would be the right board to perhaps find some answers, @lowspender . 

While 56 points is a wide spread, it may not be unusual.  First, where are you getting the scores from?  Are they FICO or Vantage or a combination?  What date do they show "as-of" the report?  Are you sure they are the same score model?  There's a big difference, for example, even in FICO 8 and FICO 9.  Also, each bureau has some unique scoring parameters.  In my case, my EX score always lags TU and EQ, even on the same scoring model.   Finally, you say there is no difference but are the number of inquiries reported on each bureau identical?  In most cases, you would have had to have absolutely NO credit applications for 24 months for none to show up on any bureau, and 12 months for them to not be scorable.  So these are some good starting points to check before you post.  

Business Cards

Message 1914 of 2,020
lowspender
Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

While 56 points is a wide spread, it may not be unusual.  First, where are you getting the scores from?  Are they FICO or Vantage or a combination?  What date do they show "as-of" the report?  Are you sure they are the same score model?  There's a big difference, for example, even in FICO 8 and FICO 9.  Also, each bureau has some unique scoring parameters.  In my case, my EX score always lags TU and EQ, even on the same scoring model.   Finally, you say there is no difference but are the number of inquiries reported on each bureau identical?  In most cases, you would have had to have absolutely NO credit applications for 24 months for none to show up on any bureau, and 12 months for them to not be scorable.  So these are some good starting points to check before you post.  all

All scores from Exp site, all same fico 8, all recent, have inquiries in the past 12 months which don't seem to be my weak link.. the least favorably interpreted data seems to be on the highest score. The Ex score is also my lowest. How much have you found it lags? It has other recent profile changes I've made, don't think it's behind, but that would be a nice and easy answer...

@Slabenstein wrote:

Should've looked more at the similar threads around Smiley Happy Will do.. thanks!

Message 1915 of 2,020
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@lowspender wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

...In my case, my EX score always lags TU and EQ ...

...How much have you found it lags? ...

@lowspender, it varies but for example my current TU Fico 8 is 844 and EX Fico 8 is 829 so about 15 points.  Sometimes it has been 25 to 30 points, although not 56.  In this case, the higher inquiries are probably the reason but I've seen differences with no scorable inquiries on either one. I've always suspected it's just a more conservative model in the way it is weighted but not sure why. 

Business Cards

Message 1916 of 2,020
lowspender
Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

it varies but for example my current TU Fico 8 is 844 and EX Fico 8 is 829 so about 15 points.  Sometimes it has been 25 to 30 points, although not 56.  In this case, the higher inquiries are probably the reason but I've seen differences with no scorable inquiries on either one. I've always suspected it's just a more conservative model in the way it is weighted but not sure why. 

Makes sense. Great score! I was thinking you meant a lag in reporting date, that it hadn't caught up yet. I will post a thread on that tmw then.

@Aim_High  maybe it's a more conservative model in weighting..the factors and hp dont make sense to me, for the other scores. Posted a thread Smiley Happy

Message 1917 of 2,020
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

My EX is by far my highest score right now ... though that's not always true.

I have always assumed it's due to small differences in what appears on each CR, with the mathematical calculation being the same inserting slightly different variables. But I am not sure.

In my case, I have 6 hard inquiries on Equifax and 2 each on TransUnion and Experian right now. However, their ages vary, and I'm not sure if a 10-month-old inquiry counts the same as a 6-month old inquiry. The other differences are that my AU card appears on Equifax and Experian but not TransUnion, I think the Apple Card is still appearing only on TransUnion, and I have an old Exxon card that appears only on Equifax. I would expect Equifax to be my highest score because of the Exxon card improving account age, but right now it's my lowest.

I've stopped trying to figure out the details and just trust in good payment + time will lift all boats, and, anyway, FICO scores aren't my problem anyway. I do have a complaint about FICO scores being disconnected from the reality of credit approvals, though ... but maybe I'm an edge case.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 1918 of 2,020
HarleyMan2014
Valued Member

800 club

Wow, finally broke into the 800 club, my Equifax hit 810. I remember just 9 years ago I was trying to get my middle score to 620 just to get a mortgage. Feeling real good and proud! The credit purgatory is somewhere I never want to visit again. 

FICO 8 Jan 2022
TCL 45.6k
Message 1919 of 2,020
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: 800 club

Congratulations on your success!
Message 1920 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.