cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Ingredients Question (from Experian.com)

Ceewin
New Contributor

Score Ingredients Question (from Experian.com)

Hello All, 

I am currently at 689 (FICO 8-EX) and I'm trying to learn all I can about why my score is what it is.  

Experian.com shows this as one of my score ingredients:

50%
Accounts Always Paid as Agreed
Percentage of rated accounts always paid as agreed

I don't understand what the above "score ingredient" means.  Why only 50%? Here are some data points:

1 Auto loan-$3900 balance/ 3 baddies from 2017/ CR Status-"Current; was 30-days late three times"
1 Collection- $2260 balance/CR Status-"Unpaid Collection" <--I'm sooo over this oneSmiley Frustrated; SOL April 2022
9 Open Credit Cards-Zero Baddies--EVER / CR Status-"Exceptional Payment History"

Based on the above dp's why only "50% of accounts always paid as agreed"? Shouldn't the percentage be higher???  TIA!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Re: Score Ingredients Question (from Experian.com)

Percentages are like some of the comments they make when you look at a monitoring account. Some match. Most you scratch your head trying to figure out What they are trying to say. Lenders dont go by %'s, the good,fair,poor ratings. They go by scores. And if the baddies in the past are still there. Thats how they came up with that %.

Whos the collection agency. They may be one that PFD's if settled or paid.

Homeowner since Sept 2020. My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag. Just sharing my experiences after BK from learning here from rebuild to recovery from the @ 540's.
Message 2 of 3
Ceewin
New Contributor

Re: Score Ingredients Question (from Experian.com)

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Percentages are like some of the comments they make when you look at a monitoring account. Some match. Most you scratch your head trying to figure out What they are trying to say. Lenders dont go by %'s, the good,fair,poor ratings. They go by scores. And if the baddies in the past are still there. Thats how they came up with that %.

Whos the collection agency. They may be one that PFD's if settled or paid.

👋Hi! Thanks for responding. 

I think I've figured it out. I have a pif loan from 2017 that is "Closed; Paid as agreed". This one is possibly calculated as the other 50%. Who knows? *shrugs shoulders*

The baddies are still there. Emailed a GW to the CEO & got a call back two hours later saying "no". *sigh*

You asked about the collection account? It's a local agency. Doubt if they'll do a PFD and I dont want to poke the bear either. They wont be able to sue me after April 2022 based on DOFD.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.