cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Ingredients Question (from Experian.com)

tag
Ceewin
Regular Contributor

Score Ingredients Question (from Experian.com)

Hello All, 

I am currently at 689 (FICO 8-EX) and I'm trying to learn all I can about why my score is what it is.  

Experian.com shows this as one of my score ingredients:

50%
Accounts Always Paid as Agreed
Percentage of rated accounts always paid as agreed

I don't understand what the above "score ingredient" means.  Why only 50%? Here are some data points:

1 Auto loan-$3900 balance/ 3 baddies from 2017/ CR Status-"Current; was 30-days late three times"
1 Collection- $2260 balance/CR Status-"Unpaid Collection" <--I'm sooo over this oneSmiley Frustrated; SOL April 2022
9 Open Credit Cards-Zero Baddies--EVER / CR Status-"Exceptional Payment History"

Based on the above dp's why only "50% of accounts always paid as agreed"? Shouldn't the percentage be higher???  TIA!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Score Ingredients Question (from Experian.com)

Percentages are like some of the comments they make when you look at a monitoring account. Some match. Most you scratch your head trying to figure out What they are trying to say. Lenders dont go by %'s, the good,fair,poor ratings. They go by scores. And if the baddies in the past are still there. Thats how they came up with that %.

Whos the collection agency. They may be one that PFD's if settled or paid.

Message 2 of 3
Ceewin
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Ingredients Question (from Experian.com)

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Percentages are like some of the comments they make when you look at a monitoring account. Some match. Most you scratch your head trying to figure out What they are trying to say. Lenders dont go by %'s, the good,fair,poor ratings. They go by scores. And if the baddies in the past are still there. Thats how they came up with that %.

Whos the collection agency. They may be one that PFD's if settled or paid.

👋Hi! Thanks for responding. 

I think I've figured it out. I have a pif loan from 2017 that is "Closed; Paid as agreed". This one is possibly calculated as the other 50%. Who knows? *shrugs shoulders*

The baddies are still there. Emailed a GW to the CEO & got a call back two hours later saying "no". *sigh*

You asked about the collection account? It's a local agency. Doubt if they'll do a PFD and I dont want to poke the bear either. They wont be able to sue me after April 2022 based on DOFD.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.