cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dropped 28 points! (here's why...but why did this happen??)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score dropped 28 points! (here's why...but why did this happen??)

I’m hoping to see some gains on July 1 for you both. Remember it may take a couple days to see them and you want to see the alerts before your pull. And depending on scorecard you may not get it, but I’m hoping you do.
Message 61 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there Birdman! Just checking in with the new scores. (and this is with my husband's report still showing a couple balances that I'd hoped would be cleared off...I guess I paid them too late in the month. Next month should be even better since they will for sure show 0 then, except the one account)

His FICO scores June:

795   788   796
And now:
801   791   780 (he lost 9 points on Experian for an increase of $53 on a card and lost 8 points for a $376 decrease in June..so crazy)

Mortgage scores in June:

755   769   788

And now:

770   781   778

Mine in June:

814   790   804

And now:

821   798   805

Mortage in June:

778   741   774

And now:

814   771   771

Experian didn't play nice with either of us this month. Smiley Wink But I'm overall pretty happy with the direction it's going. 
We'll see what happens next month with the all zero except one again! 

Thanks for the help!! 

Message 62 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for checking in, I have been wondering how it was going for you and looking forward to hearing from you. It appears you’re doing great!!!

Congratulations! Looks like you both got the six month award! However, I don’t think he lost points for the balance decrease. There was probably something else, you would have to look close to find. And the decrease for the $53 balance was probably as a result of another account with a balance rather than the actual $ amount. Remember, the mortgage scores are especially sensitive to number of accounts, especially EX2.

Are you a member of Experian Creditworks? If so, you can get daily fresh reports and scores for Experian, including EX2. If not, for $9.99/mo on iPhone you can get it or $15 otherwise a month elsewhere. If you get that, as soon as you hit AZEO, you will know your optimized EX2 score rather than having to wait for another month. Plus EX updates the following day typically, definitely the fastest of all bureaus.

Excellent! Get those balances to zero and no doubt you’ll see further score increases. You’re doing a great job!

How far are you from your goal score now? Forgive me for not recalling, but the post is so long and Im too tired to go back and read the entire post to remember, lol.

Once you get to AZEO, I think you’ll be high enough, if not, at the 12 month mark you will be. But it looks like you’re going to be gold plated when you get to AZEO. 😉
Message 63 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!

No, not a member of Creditworks but I'll look into that. And yes, this post is long! lol
I don't really have a certain goal, I just want to get all of our scores back over 800...820-830 range. I guess that's the goal. (the higher the better, of course!)

Thanks again, I'll report back after AZEO next month. Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.