Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between pause and cancel

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Difference between pause and cancel

I'm at the point where I don't need to keep such a close eye on my reports. I noticed there are 2 options for stopping the payment from being deducted, pause and cancel. Cancel is self-explanatory, but not sure about the pause. Does pause allow you to still see changes in your Fico 8 scores and just not get the 28 scores 3b update on schedule?

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: Difference between pause and cancel

Pausing your myFICO subscription allows you to retain past information (reports, scores, etc). Cancelling your myFICO subscription will delete your account completely, and all documented history under the account will cease to exist.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 6
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

How do I cancel a pause before the scheduled time? I set my account on pause and I want to unpause it early but I cannot locate an option to do that.

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 3 of 6
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@reneasworld wrote:

How do I cancel a pause before the scheduled time? I set my account on pause and I want to unpause it early but I cannot locate an option to do that.

There's currently no un-pause option. You'll have to wait out the pause or cancel and re-subscribe again.

Message 4 of 6
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

There's currently no un-pause option. You'll have to wait out the pause or cancel and re-subscribe again.

So basically... If you no longer need to get updates on your subscription, but don't want to lose any history, it would be best to pause your subscription just before it renews. If you no longer need to have access to the history either, then cancel your subscription at any time. Keep in mind that if you cancel, you can re-subscribe at any time, but you won't have the previous information from your account. Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long after a pause can you see your info. My subscription says paused until 8/9 which is today but I still do not have access. Do I need to wait an extra day? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.