Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MYFICO IS WRONG!!!!!!!

tag
DR527
Regular Contributor

MYFICO IS WRONG!!!!!!!

Hi I am in need of help. MyFico is reporting wrong information on my report. I have been fighting this issue for six months. It isn't getting better. It is in fact getting worst. MyFico is reporting things like late payments that don't exist on my credit reports and account details that have been updated by the bureaus a half a year ago. I have today the most recently updated reports from from all 3 credit bureaus. And today my FICO reported updated. Not only has the inaccurate information not been fixed. But the new MyFico report has changed previous accurate information!?It is down right scary how unknowlegbale the people on the phone for MyFico are on basic understanding of credit cards, lenders, loans and all around CREDIT. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MYFICO IS WRONG!!!!!!!

You do realize that MyFICO creates the scoring algorithm, and provides credit reports, but those reports are put together by your lenders and the bureaus, right?
Message 2 of 11
DR527
Regular Contributor

Yeah. That's the frustration. MyFico is having me continue to go back to the credit bureaus. But the credit bureaus are all showing the correct information. MyFico is telling me that they are only reporting what they received. But that can't be true if my current credit report is not showing those things. For example 4 months ago I got Capital One to remove a comment on my Equifax report. It is still showing on MyFico but not Equifax. MyFico is throwing their hands in the air saying that they only report the information they get. But how do I dispute something that is not on my report??

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah gotcha, I misunderstood the angle you were coming from. Try posting on this subforum - employees from MyFICO do read here:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/bd-p/myficoprod
Message 4 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@DR527 wrote:

Yeah. That's the frustration. MyFico is having me continue to go back to the credit bureaus. But the credit bureaus are all showing the correct information. MyFico is telling me that they are only reporting what they received. But that can't be true if my current credit report is not showing those things. For example 4 months ago I got Capital One to remove a comment on my Equifax report. It is still showing on MyFico but not Equifax. MyFico is throwing their hands in the air saying that they only report the information they get. But how do I dispute something that is not on my report??

myFICO is solely providing reports and generating scores based on what is given to them in real-time from each of the 3 major credit reporting agencies.  They do not add or subtract any information from your reports and are not a credit reporting agency. 

Where else other than myFICO have you obtained your Equifax report and are they from similar dates?  Sites like Credit Karma will show you information from your credit reports but it may be incomplete, so it may appear as though information may be absent.  If you have not already done so in the past 12 months (or twice in 12 months if you live in an applicable state), I would get your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com to see if the information appears there.

Message 5 of 11
DR527
Regular Contributor

Ive heard that same line about 40 times yesterday. I am signed up with all three individual Credit bureaus. They normally send me a new report every three to four months. I also credit monitored daily and weekly with just about every site I can think of. MyFico is the only site or report to still show this information. Information that was previously corrected on my Fico report. Updated yesterday to being wrong after 90 days of MyFico having the reported right. I was told that either the lender or the bureaus must have changed something, because MyFico is prefect in every way.  But noting on my report has been changed or updated. I spent 2 and a half hours on the phone with MyFico being escalated higher and higher. Everyone can clearly see that their is a problem but MyFico doesn't fix or changed reports not even their own. So now I waking for them to reach back out to me by email or phone. When I call up to any of the Bureaus they tell me that MyFico has a problem with their system. None of the bureaus have the comments, late payments or errors that MyFico is showing. So I cant dispute them!?! MyFico is taken my money and levaing me to the wolfs. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DR527 wrote:
... MyFico is taken my money and levaing me to the wolfs. 

Then why are you still giving them money? 

The report they generate is for your eyes, no one else. If you don't think it's correct, stop paying for it. Sure beats getting agita about it.

Message 7 of 11
thornback
Senior Contributor

@DR527 wrote:

They normally send me a new report every three to four months. 

When you say they normally send you a new report - do you mean hardcopy (paper) reports in the mail?   If so, then what you are seeing on the hardcopy is the exact info in your credit file - regardless of what other web-based reports say.  Perhaps providing a copy to that to myFICO (by mail) with an explanation would help resolve the issue...?   If not, then I would suggest you request a hardcopy of your reports from each bureau just so you can double check that everything is, in fact, accurate and go from there.   

Another Q:  Are the scores provided by myFICO accurate?  Have you compared them with FICO scores received from other sites like Experian.com or CreditCheckTotal.com to see if they are reflecting the same?  Because if the scores are accurate, but the data is wrong, then this may just be an issue with how myFICO CMS is retrieving and displaying data and youll have to decide whether it's worth keeping the service just for the sake of getting your scores. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 8 of 11
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

How often is MyFico updated?  Maybe you have the version that updates quarterly and they just havn't put out the new version yet and the CRAs are giving you a more updated version.

Given that possibility and given that MyFico is reporting to anyone but you having had taken simple what they saw when they last updated - your response doesn't seem to be in line with the situation.   

But that's just my take...

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 11
DR527
Regular Contributor

TransUnion does normally send paper copy but the other two don't. Just on line when I log on. I sent MYFICO a copy of the reports and a few got changed. Still fighting a couple. My TransUnion  score is the only one that I can see is right from other places that give me my FICO score. I'm still paying MYFICO for mine and my wife's scores every month. I may stop in the new year. Down to just a few baddies. Most will fall off withing 24 months.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.