Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Not Alerting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Watch Not Alerting

Money talks,

They would respond if everyone cancelled their subscription.

Message 31 of 50
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

KipperK wrote:
The thing that puzzles me about this whole thread is the lack of response from a MyFico moderator. There is definitely a problem somewhere in the alerting software, as the lack of alerts have happened to so many...probably many more than take the time to report it here.  If they would post that yes, there has been a problem, but they are working to correct it, or offer to make refunds to those who it affected, it would go a long way to restoring their credability.Yet they remain silent about the situation. It am also moderately surprised that they haven't removed this thread as it is damaging their credability.

You ringed? Smiley Happy

First things first to clear the air. I don't work for FICO and never have. All mods are just average Joes and Janes who happened to post more or longer than most.

SW could use a good overhaul. I'd like to see them include more events within the products so more alerts could go out, like removal of baddies like lates, CAs, or other derog info. Maybe add an alert if AAoA changes or if any old account drops off. Or when overall util changes by x%. I'd like to see a general alert if I have been rebucketed (a 90 day aged off my EQ and being my last derog, my score dropped 17 points). None of these would trigger an alert as is now and all of these could change the score.

I would also like it to scrap or change the reasons for an alert. My most famous was that I got an alert for a 20 point increase because.....I added one new inquiry. The inquiry obviously didn't increase my score, but rather other events not explained (it was a baddie falling off) that did it.

Many point out that it is broken. I don't know the answer, but DW and myself just got two new alerts yesterday. Hers dropped by 3 points and mine increased by 4. So alerts have come in. Looking back, between DW and I, we received alerts on 4/20, 3/17, 3/14, 2/21, 2/17, 2/14, 2/10, 1/31, 1/23, 1/13, and 1/10. There are plenty others from years past too. Other than the suggestions above, it is working for us. IMO, it is worth keeping on my end because we pull both reports twice monthly for both of us. That's a lot of money. Instead of paying $12something for a new EQ report (use a discount code-google is my friend), I pay $10.95. So, we save close to $50 each year just through that.

Message 32 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The thing that puzzles me about this whole thread is the lack of response from a MyFico moderator. There is definitely a problem somewhere in the alerting software, as the lack of alerts have happened to so many...probably many more than take the time to report it here.  If they would post that yes, there has been a problem, but they are working to correct it, or offer to make refunds to those who it affected, it would go a long way to restoring their credability.Yet they remain silent about the situation. It am also moderately surprised that they haven't removed this thread as it is damaging their credability.

You ringed? Smiley Happy

First things first to clear the air. I don't work for FICO and never have. All mods are just average Joes and Janes who happened to post more or longer than most.

SW could use a good overhaul. I'd like to see them include more events within the products so more alerts could go out, like removal of baddies like lates, CAs, or other derog info. Maybe add an alert if AAoA changes or if any old account drops off. Or when overall util changes by x%. I'd like to see a general alert if I have been rebucketed (a 90 day aged off my EQ and being my last derog, my score dropped 17 points). None of these would trigger an alert as is now and all of these could change the score.

I would also like it to scrap or change the reasons for an alert. My most famous was that I got an alert for a 20 point increase because.....I added one new inquiry. The inquiry obviously didn't increase my score, but rather other events not explained (it was a baddie falling off) that did it.

Many point out that it is broken. I don't know the answer, but DW and myself just got two new alerts yesterday. Hers dropped by 3 points and mine increased by 4. So alerts have come in. Looking back, between DW and I, we received alerts on 4/20, 3/17, 3/14, 2/21, 2/17, 2/14, 2/10, 1/31, 1/23, 1/13, and 1/10. There are plenty others from years past too. Other than the suggestions above, it is working for us. IMO, it is worth keeping on my end because we pull both reports twice monthly for both of us. That's a lot of money. Instead of paying $12something for a new EQ report (use a discount code-google is my friend), I pay $10.95. So, we save close to $50 each year just through that.

Thanks for the reply and to clear my assumption that the moderators worked for MyFico.  After reading the various forum messages, I know that some people get alerts, and the system works like it is supposed to.  I also know after reading this thread, that they don't work for some people, including my wife and I.  Our experience was summed up in my post on this thread 4-11-09.  I never contacted MyFico admin or customer service, because after reading messages about others who did, they were offered free pulls, or insisted that they didn't set their alerts properly, or after contacting them, a new alert suddenly appeared. I wanted to wait out the free trial period to see if we would receive any alerts, and if their software worked like advertised. It didn't.  I agree that it would be worth the fees if it worked like it is supposed to.  Evidently are software problems somewhere.

Message 33 of 50
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And I have replied to so many of these things that after a while, I sort of lose heart.

So I will briefly repeat what I always say: make sure that your target score is your current score, not your goal score. And in my experience, SW works for a while, and then it doesn't. Then it lurches back to life, chugs along fine for X number of months, and then back into the doldrums.

It drives me nuts, and I don't try to defend it. I don't know where the problem lies. I have friends who have SW via Equifax, and they have the same experience. I like it when it works; it makes me nuts when it doesn't; I do like the discounted score report pulls. I'm always happy to save some bucks.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 34 of 50
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

I work for FICO but am not able to research all of the individual problems brought to this board. This is what customer service is for, and this is why the top thread in this board, PLEASE READ ABOUT THIS BOARD BEFORE POSTING, says:

While this board is intended to be the place for myFICO
users to share information with other users, it should not be confused with
myFICO Customer Care.  The moderators and
administrators here don't have access to the account information needed to
resolve specific product-related issues for individuals, so please don't post
here expecting a quick answer to your particular problem.

When there is a system-wide problem with a product it will be announced here whenever possible.  For some of the intermittant issues that occur from time to time only customer service will be aware of them -- although they are not able to answer every question or resolve every problem either.

This Feedback board is for general questions about myFICO products and to air your (uncensored) opinions and suggestions. 

Message 35 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barry wrote:

I work for FICO but am not able to research all of the individual problems brought to this board. This is what customer service is for, and this is why the top thread in this board, PLEASE READ ABOUT THIS BOARD BEFORE POSTING, says:

While this board is intended to be the place for myFICO
users to share information with other users, it should not be confused with
myFICO Customer Care.  The moderators and
administrators here don't have access to the account information needed to
resolve specific product-related issues for individuals, so please don't post
here expecting a quick answer to your particular problem.

When there is a system-wide problem with a product it will be announced here whenever possible.  For some of the intermittant issues that occur from time to time only customer service will be aware of them -- although they are not able to answer every question or resolve every problem either.

This Feedback board is for general questions about myFICO products and to air your (uncensored) opinions and suggestions. 

I will continue to read the MyFico forum, as I have learned a lot from various postings, including yours. And I will also periodically purchase MyFico reports. But I do not feel that the Score Watch system is reliable enough to sign up for it. When we first signed up, we DID set the targets above our current score. However, after a day or two and reading your posts, we reset our targets to our current scores.  At the end of our 30 days, my wifes Fico gained 42 points, and mine gained 16 points, yet no alerts. We had to pull our reports to find the scores. We will soon be done with actively taking steps to increase our scores, which means our Fico scores may not change that much in the future, but I wouldn't have faith in Score Watch to notify me if any REAL alerts did occur. If we didn't receive any alerts for a long period of time, how would we know if there really weren't events to cause alerts, or if it was because Score Watch wasn't working properly?

Message 36 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

ScoreWatch is indeed a flawed product.  One only needs to look at the number of complaints about it in this thread.  Yes, it's not Customer Care, but myFICO should be paying attention to the complaints and at least speak up.  If "there is a system-wide problem with a product" or "intermittant issues that occur from time to time" CONSISTANTLY, then the product is not working, should be withdrawn, and everyone should have their current month of fees refunded.

I had my credit pulled for a pre-approval for a mortgage on April 28th.  It's showing on my EX report, pulled directly from EX on 4/30, and on my TU report as of the same date (I didn't pull the report myself, but I'm assuming that's why my score on CreditKarma dropped 31 points(!)).

However, ScoreWatch has remained COMPLETELY SILENT, and it's been almost a week. 

I wonder if my FICO score dropped as much as CK's did, but I don't want to pay $11 to find out.

Why am I paying $8.95 per month when free services do more to alert me?  True, they don't give me my FICO score, but neither is ScoreWatch!

Message Edited by Mike14 on 05-04-2009 01:45 PM
Message 37 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I actually have to wait the three months to cancel this (flawed) product? There have been numerous updates on my report and scorewatch has not notified me of a single one of them including a score change which as others have found I didn't know occurred until I wasted my unused report.
Message 38 of 50
chekz
Established Member

my subscription just auto renew and im regretting it now. Last year i had the same problem where no updates at all. Now its happening all over again. I had to use one of my 2 free reports too see my change in score.
Message Edited by chekz on 05-11-2009 06:56 AM
Message 39 of 50
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

trueice wrote:
Do I actually have to wait the three months to cancel this (flawed) product? There have been numerous updates on my report and scorewatch has not notified me of a single one of them including a score change which as others have found I didn't know occurred until I wasted my unused report.
I'm sure if you explain to customer service that you're not satisfied with Score Watch due to not receiving alerts, they'll cancel your subscription for you. If not, PM me and I'll see what I can do. Sorry to hear you're not satisfied.
Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.