tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: The ONLY Card You'll Ever Need !!

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

No EMV support....

Beat you to it Smiley Tongue

Not as of yet but will be soon. Folk will forever be sliding cards as usual. 

Message 11 of 85
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

No EMV support....

Beat you to it Smiley Tongue

Not as of yet but will be soon. Folk will forever be sliding cards as usual. 

really depends if the company wants to eat the fraud if they don't embrace EMV technology.. It is upon the merchant now and it is wise for said merchant to embrace it before getting hit with a 2k loss every once in awhile..  Obviously that is why places like Target, Home depot, etc are starting to turn on this feature while the smaller merchants will take longer to adopt.. Eventually they will get slapped with enough fraud charges they will be force to take EMV or not take CC at all..   

I really like the idea of a "smart card", dont get me wrong..  Would get one in a second if it supported EMV

Message 12 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Problem is Chip and Sig unless I am missing something.. So obsolete if the store makes you use chip and sig.. Otherwise would of got a similiar thing

Not too worried about it. As 98% of merchants machines don't work anyway or they don't have them. Walmart is mainly the place chip cards

work at anyway. Lol. 

You realize that Oct 1 that will completely change don't you?  Most merchants will have them and it will make that wallet useless

Message 13 of 85
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Problem is Chip and Sig unless I am missing something.. So obsolete if the store makes you use chip and sig.. Otherwise would of got a similiar thing

Not too worried about it. As 98% of merchants machines don't work anyway or they don't have them. Walmart is mainly the place chip cards

work at anyway. Lol. 

You realize that Oct 1 that will completely change don't you?  Most merchants will have them and it will make that wallet useless

They are updating the cards to chip. Please don't act like come October 1st the whole world is gonna be changed to using chip ONLY. People will still be sliding their cards.

like I said, this product may not be for everyone.

Message 14 of 85
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I wouldn't mind giving it a 'go', but a minimum-wage cashier would most certainly demand to see my card and ID (like they do several places I shop).  This would cause a scene since they would likely *freak* when they realized I didn't swipe a 'real' credit card.  This, in turn, would cause me to be irritated, and ruin an otherwise perfectly fine transaction.

Since I don't have the energy to educate/train random cashiers, I guess I had better wait on this one...Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 85
baller4life
Super Contributor

Update being issued folks. Just got off the phone with them. It will be completely compatible to EMV.
Message 16 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

work at anyway. Lol. 

Ha, Got'eem.

Message 17 of 85
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Update being issued folks. Just got off the phone with them. It will be completely compatible to EMV.

Thank you so much Baller. As I'm sure most here would listen to you and not me. Ijs

Message 18 of 85
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:

How?  Just curious.. Might just order such device if I am convinced it isnt a sales line Smiley Happy.. 1 Card would be hella nice

Message 19 of 85
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Thank you so much Baller. As I'm sure most here would listen to you and not me. Ijs

I respect you scoreofbescoredSmiley Happy..  Please don't think I don't, just curious as that is my main concern.  Just curious how is all

Message 20 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.