Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating My FICO Score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculating My FICO Score?

Is any of the three equations for calculating my FICO score in the public domain? If yes - what is the equation or where can I find it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure the average person could understand it even...

I'm not sure the average person could understand it even if it were in the public domain. I don't know the FICO score is calculated, but any time you get into an equation that involves the change of something over time, it's calculus.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico does not make the calculations for the score avail t...

Fico does not make the calculations for the score avail to the public.  It prevents people from trying to skew their scores.  If you look at the factors that go into the score and manage your debt accordingly, you should be alright.

Say someone like me, with a criminal mind, had the exact scoring for FICO.  I skewed my scores to get say 60k in revolving credit with the sole intent of reaching a certain level only to max out and abscond.  When you do it the old fashion way it takes so long to get those types of score that you're too old to remember your original plan by the time you hit those 'certain limits'.

Message Edited by Brammy on 03-23-2007 10:51 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.