Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax FICO and Equifax Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax FICO and Equifax Score

I was amazed to find out that Equifax's score was 51pts. higher than my Equifax FICO score!  Smiley Surprised  CRAZY!!!!  But good to know.
Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax FICO and Equifax Score

I meant to add that if you were to pull your score from Equifax.com (hence the question on the source of your score), then you'd find that your EQ myFICO score and your EQ score pulled directly from EQ would match.
Message 6 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Where did you pull your EQ score from? Did you pull both on the same day?
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Equifax score came from BestCreditReports.com (truecredit).  And the scores were pulled about 5 days apart, maybe 3 days.  My TransUnion score was lower than my TransUnion FICO score, and I have no idea about my FICO Experian.  My Experian score never changes.  grrr @ Experian
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

However, Experian had better change soon since 18 items have been deleted.
Message 4 of 29
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

KristinH wrote:
The Equifax score came from BestCreditReports.com (truecredit).  And the scores were pulled about 5 days apart, maybe 3 days.  My TransUnion score was lower than my TransUnion FICO score, and I have no idea about my FICO Experian.  My Experian score never changes.  grrr @ Experian

Ignore those scores. They are not FICO scores, but rather a score we call FAKO. They have no relationship at all to the real deal. These other scores can go up and FICOs down for the same event and vice-versa. My TC scores have been as much as 120 points lower and as much as 40 points higher when pulled on the same day at the same time. In fact, I pulled my TU TC score today and noticed a 27 point increase. Got all excited and my TU FICO was the same as it was when I last pulled it.

Message 5 of 29
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I meant to add that if you were to pull your score from Equifax.com (hence the question on the source of your score), then you'd find that your EQ myFICO score and your EQ score pulled directly from EQ would match.
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a letter from one of my credit card companies that due to a report from equifax they were closing my account.  I had just paid off the balance, and was somewhat surprised.  I went to freecreditreport.com and got my 3 free credit reports/scores, and my equifax score was 729.  When I called the credit card company they told

me that equifax reported my score as 656.  All the info on the reports is the same, so what is up?  When I called

equifax they told me they can't be responsible for what other credit reporting companies have on their websites.

I'm pretty disgusted.  656 from 729 is a big difference.  TU and EX are within 20 points of equifax's.  Love some feedback on this.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like if you are getting an ex score then you must be buying FAKO scores (i.e. ones that aren't used by credit companies) where did you buy them from.  FAKO scores can be radically different than your FICO scores (which you can purchase the TU and EQ scores only from this site or direct from the Bureau (as long as you make sure you are buying FICO scores and not their FAKOs) Ex stopped selling their FICO scores to the consumer in Feb of this year and you can only get that score if you are applying for a mortgage (or have a friendly LO on a car loan)
Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley HappyMy Equifax score was also much higher when the lender pulled my report, on Myfico.com it says 579 but the lender pulled it and she said it was 602.  I couldnt believ it everyone said it would go down not up.  Also on myfico.com TU reports my score as 597 but when she pulled it said 640 ish can't remember.  Amazing !!!! She said well the the scoring is a hit and miss with cosumers. Some are coming in lower while others are coming in higher.  She said that the new scoring is benifting people that are working on there credit more or less.  So if you have high scores she is noticing that there scores are going down.  But people with lower scoring are coming in higher for some strange reason.  For the most part any way.  So go figure !! Im happy to see the change we have been working on are credit for the past year and when I saw my scores on myfico.com I was sad to them still under 600. 

Myfico.com Eq: 579

TU: 597

Lender pulled Eq: 602

TU: 640 Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I pull myfico equifax it is always lower than from equifax score watch by 20pts give or take and thats the same day. Wonder why there is a difference. Info is always the same. I look at my reports in detail to compare to see if I can find the difference and never do.
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.