Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO vs. FICO

tag
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

FAKO vs. FICO

I pulled my credit report (all 3) on 7/5/12.  My scores were 679 (Experien), 633 (Equifax) and 627 (TU).

A few minutes ago I purchased my FICO scores (from this site) and they were 697 (Equifax) and 704 (TU).

Why are the numbers so different?  If only Equifax and TU can give you your real FICO scores, then why don't they do it on your actual credit report?  And, if we were to refinance our car for a lower rate, which would the lender look at?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FAKO vs. FICO

@fuzzybean wrote:

I pulled my credit report (all 3) on 7/5/12.  My scores were 679 (Experien), 633 (Equifax) and 627 (TU).

A few minutes ago I purchased my FICO scores (from this site) and they were 697 (Equifax) and 704 (TU).

Why are the numbers so different?  If only Equifax and TU can give you your real FICO scores, then why don't they do it on your actual credit report?  And, if we were to refinance our car for a lower rate, which would the lender look at?

I know it gets confusing with the FICO vs FAKO thing. 

1)EQ:  Most of the stuff on their website is FAKO, if you look hard enough, you can find a FICO product, or you can buy from myFICO.

2)TU:  From their website it's a FAKO, from myFICO it's an older version of your FICO score.  They have different models.

3)EX:  All FAKOS, EX doesn't allow consumer pulls of their FICO score.  It must be lender pull.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

So, which FICO score do lenders pull? Both? Or, just one?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@fuzzybean wrote:
So, which FICO score do lenders pull? Both? Or, just one?

While lenders have access to all 3 FICOs, we only have access to the two. So, mortgage lenders for example will pull all 3. Most CC creditors will pull one of the three, sometimes two of the three. It's all up to the lender which report they want to pull.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.