cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Incorrect UT calculation: myfico.com problem or EQ problem?

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Incorrect UT calculation: myfico.com problem or EQ problem?

twnkltoz wrote:
Well, I called EQ, and they said it's showing as an open account.  But they're also showing it as a CO!!  Dumb***es.  She started an investigation...I hope it doesn't take forever!!  Smiley Mad The "last reported" date updated, too...

Cool, keep us updated.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH MY GOD I AM SO FREAKING PISSED!!!!!!

I ran my EQ on myfico again today because I saw on TC that this a/c is no longer under investigation.  Guess what?  EQ has it as charged off again instead of open (which is good); however....they have it as charged off in 5/07!!!!!  meaning, it looks like a new charge-off.  They're STILL including it in UT, and now they show it as a late payment in the last month to boot!!  They dropped my score ANOTHER 6 points!!!!  I wish i'd never disputed it in the first place and they would have left it alone.

I sent them a hand-written letter last week to verify or delete, so I guess I shouldn't do anything else until the results of that come back?  At least my mid score is still 600 because EX has their act together (relatively so, anyway), but if EQ weren't such idiots my mid would be even higher, maybe even the 620 that would make life so much easier.  

Any advice?  Wait it out, or do another phone/online dispute to get the last reported/charge off date fixed as a short-term solution?
Message 12 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

twnkltoz wrote:
OH MY GOD I AM SO FREAKING PISSED!!!!!!

I ran my EQ on myfico again today because I saw on TC that this a/c is no longer under investigation.  Guess what?  EQ has it as charged off again instead of open (which is good); however....they have it as charged off in 5/07!!!!!  meaning, it looks like a new charge-off.  They're STILL including it in UT, and now they show it as a late payment in the last month to boot!!  They dropped my score ANOTHER 6 points!!!!  I wish i'd never disputed it in the first place and they would have left it alone.

I sent them a hand-written letter last week to verify or delete, so I guess I shouldn't do anything else until the results of that come back?  At least my mid score is still 600 because EX has their act together (relatively so, anyway), but if EQ weren't such idiots my mid would be even higher, maybe even the 620 that would make life so much easier.  

Any advice?  Wait it out, or do another phone/online dispute to get the last reported/charge off date fixed as a short-term solution?

If it is closed there is no impact on your utilization. Your score dropped because of the recent late.. remember though, this does not restart the 7 year clock. Wait out your existing dispute before submitting another.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, whatever the issue is...according to myfico theyr'e including it in my utilization and my amount of debt. 
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the bright side, they deleted another of my old charge offs!  Go figure.
Message 15 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I was wrong.. I apologize. Looks like balances on closed accounts DO affect utilization. Sorry about that!
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I don't think it should.  It didn't before this whole issue came up!  Smiley Mad
Message 17 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I agree. And I was under the same impression as you. I thought only opened accounts were factored. So thanks for teaching me something!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.