Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Alternatives

tag
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

MyFico Alternatives

I'm going to start paying monthly for my 3 credit scores.  MyFico is $40 a month.  Wondering what other reliable options are there?  I don't technically mind $40/month but before I pull the trigger on it figured I'd see what others are using if not MyFico.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: MyFico Alternatives

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Free credit reports (disregard the VantageScore 3.0 score) at:
Credit Karma for weekly TU and EQ reports.
WalletHub for daily TU report.

Message 2 of 6
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

How accurate is the weekly AnnualCreditReport

Message 3 of 6
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Oh wait ... Annual is just the report not the score right?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nomadic_traveler wrote:

I'm going to start paying monthly for my 3 credit scores.  MyFico is $40 a month.  Wondering what other reliable options are there?  I don't technically mind $40/month but before I pull the trigger on it figured I'd see what others are using if not MyFico.

The alternative for all three FICO 8 score monthly is Experian CreditWorks Premium.  Its $24.99 per month if you signup online, or $19.99 per month if you sign up through the mobile app.  At least on my Android phone it costs $19.99 per month.  

The difference is that MyFICO offers 28 FICO scores monthly or quarterly depending on your plan, while Experian Credit Works provides your Experian FICO 8 score daily, and monthly scores for Equifax and TransUnion.  They also provide Experian FICO 2, FICO AutoScore 8, FICO BankCard 8, and FICO BankCard 9 scores.  If you aren't in the market for a mortgage where you'd need access to the mortgage models for each CRA, Experian is the way to go.  You'd probably also get an offer for the first month free or at $4.99.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that Annual Credit Report now offers VantageScore 3.0 scores.... but definitely not the FICO scores you want.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.