cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI question

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BofA CLI question


@coldfusion wrote:

Last shot...

 

Log in from desktop/laptop then under Accounts -> Bank of America Premium Rewards Visa Signature -XYZZ select the Information and Services tab along the bottom.

 

Under Services you should see "Manage Your Account" along the bottom left and right under that look for "Update email address" and right below that "Request credit line increase", just above "Add an authorized user".


Hail mary no good Smiley Sad I already tried this but double checked it just now to be sure on both Firefox and Chrome and still nothing

Message 11 of 41
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BofA CLI question


@AllZero wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

How old was the card when you did that?


~ 6 months old.

 

2nd card approved back in July. Link showed up in ~90 days.

 

 


Hmm alright thanks for the info

Message 12 of 41
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: BofA CLI question

What's the credit line? Is it possible your maxed out with BofA?
Message 13 of 41
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BofA CLI question


@Trikoret wrote:
What's the credit line? Is it possible your maxed out with BofA?

Her credit line is $20k and no where near the max if my credit line with them is any indication

Message 14 of 41
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: BofA CLI question

Just call them up and request an increase. Usually it's a soft pull. When I requested a business credit increase, it was soft.
Message 15 of 41
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BofA CLI question

I might just do that. It'll have to wait til Friday though which meh but what can you do

Message 16 of 41
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: BofA CLI question

I have not had any experience with calling for a CLI.  Usually the link would just appear around 3 months (even with 0% promos), and come back around 3 months after.  I haven't had any actual CLI success (only reallocation) since CLIs were changed to SPs since I hit my $99.9k ceiling just weeks before that change.  I will say that the last time I called to close a card (Cash Rewards) was right after they changed the policy, and while the analyst read me the HP wording before moving that limit to my Travel Rewards card before closing, it did not result in a HP, so hopefully they really have done away with them.

 

I would say the link not being available doesn't mean that the card is not eligible, though, so I'd take the chance and call.

Message 17 of 41
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BofA CLI question


@K-in-Boston wrote:

I have not had any experience with calling for a CLI.  Usually the link would just appear around 3 months (even with 0% promos), and come back around 3 months after.  I haven't had any actual CLI success (only reallocation) since CLIs were changed to SPs since I hit my $99.9k ceiling just weeks before that change.  I will say that the last time I called to close a card (Cash Rewards) was right after they changed the policy, and while the analyst read me the HP wording before moving that limit to my Travel Rewards card before closing, it did not result in a HP, so hopefully they really have done away with them.

 

I would say the link not being available doesn't mean that the card is not eligible, though, so I'd take the chance and call.


What made it weird is when I tried the search function to get to the increase page I think the message that came up was "this service not available for this product" or something along those lines. Maybe it's just a glitch on her account that is not allowing it to show who knows but I'll definitely call them Friday and update the thread then in what I get

Message 18 of 41
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: BofA CLI question


@simplynoir wrote:

As part of our 2020 credit card strategy we shifted some spend around and are making her Premium Rewards card one of our main personal drivers going forward while my own PR card will shift to business spend entirely to help allieviate the glut of MR points we have. The interesting thing is when she went to check her account online to get ready to request an increase there was no link on there to ask for one. Double checked with another browser to make sure it wasn't a website issue and my account as well.

 

So I have several questions here regarding that. Assuming we want to wait til the SP language (link) shows up what's the timeline if one has already waited this long for it if at all? Her approval was back in April of last year which is why I was so surprised it not being there. And assuming we don't want to wait is it possible to call in and take the HP if needed to get the increase? The average spend on the card has been $1k-$2k a month but that will change

 

TIA to anyone with some answers. I'll be calling them probably Friday about this but some answers beforehand would be nice


The "Request a credit limit increase" appears on the first day of the third monthly billing cycle (in my experience) so it should have been visible since June 2019.  But if you attempt an increase before 91 days after account approval, or 91 days after the last CLI, the request will be denied.

 

For example, I was approved for a Premium Rewards card on 9/23/19 and the first statement closed on October 19, 2019.  The CLI link first appeared on November 20, the day after the second statement closed on November 19.

 

@601flyguy is the only other person I'm aware of who has said that he hadn't seen the CLI link and was required to call in for increases.





Message 19 of 41
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BofA CLI question


@MaizeandBlue wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

As part of our 2020 credit card strategy we shifted some spend around and are making her Premium Rewards card one of our main personal drivers going forward while my own PR card will shift to business spend entirely to help allieviate the glut of MR points we have. The interesting thing is when she went to check her account online to get ready to request an increase there was no link on there to ask for one. Double checked with another browser to make sure it wasn't a website issue and my account as well.

 

So I have several questions here regarding that. Assuming we want to wait til the SP language (link) shows up what's the timeline if one has already waited this long for it if at all? Her approval was back in April of last year which is why I was so surprised it not being there. And assuming we don't want to wait is it possible to call in and take the HP if needed to get the increase? The average spend on the card has been $1k-$2k a month but that will change

 

TIA to anyone with some answers. I'll be calling them probably Friday about this but some answers beforehand would be nice


The "Request a credit limit increase" appears on the first day of the third monthly billing cycle (in my experience) so it should have been visible since June 2019.  But if you attempt an increase before 91 days after account approval, or 91 days after the last CLI, the request will be denied.

 

For example, I was approved for a Premium Rewards card on 9/23/19 and the first statement closed on October 19, 2019.  The CLI link first appeared on November 20, the day after the second statement closed on November 19.

 

@601flyguyis the only other person I'm aware of who has said that he hadn't seen the CLI link and was required to call in for increases.


I'll be honest and say I can't recall if the link was there or not there before since I only logged into her account to pay her bill off when the statement generated, no requests for increases ever since approval since there was no need at the time. The timeline for asking for CLIs via the link was my own experience (3 months) but not hers for whatever reason which is why I was confused

 

I'll search myself later if need be but could you point me to @601flyguy's post(s) with their experience? I would really appreciate it

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.