Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA CLI question

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

And then just now the button is there, so we asked for 14k -> 25k and it was granted.  I really feel like some of these companies have a guy with a magic eight ball and that's why they need 60 seconds before they give you an answer on the screen Smiley Tongue

There is a guy back in a room with his headphones on, chewing gum, and jammin'. He sees a request and spins a top, which tells him grant 50%, 25%, 100%, deny ,deny deny.... Whatever comes up. He's having a good time though. 

Message 31 of 41
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

And then just now the button is there, so we asked for 14k -> 25k and it was granted.  I really feel like some of these companies have a guy with a magic eight ball and that's why they need 60 seconds before they give you an answer on the screen Smiley Tongue

Ficoing BofA yo 😂

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called in after not seeing the link on my account, my account has been open for 6 mos and they told me it’s a soft pull, so I applied on the phone and they denied mine due to my account not open 12 mos, no other reason on my letter, perfect history with boa, right now I’m at 0% uti but that’s because I just paid in full, I been running $1000 through them as of late but now I’m cutting back to maybe $100 a month for a few months as Amex is my go to for now
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just called in after not seeing the link on my account, my account has been open for 6 mos and they told me it’s a soft pull, so I applied on the phone and they denied mine due to my account not open 12 mos, no other reason on my letter, perfect history with boa, right now I’m at 0% uti but that’s because I just paid in full, I been running $1000 through them as of late but now I’m cutting back to maybe $100 a month for a few months as Amex is my go to for now

Try after having the account 12 months, especially if you see the link by then.

Message 34 of 41
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I know it didn't take a year for the link to pop up on mine... Maybe 6 months.

I've read on the forums that there are more factors than just time that go into the hyper link appearing, kinda like "ok, we're ready now..." I *do* know for a fact that the hyper link can appear a few days before you are actually eligible timewise. I've clicked it too early a couple times and got a decline, only to get a huge CLI by clicking it a week later.  As to why the link isn't showing for @simplynoir or DW after over a year is odd to me, unless there's something her profile that's keeping BoA's analytics at bay...

Are any of her reports frozen? (specifically TU?) I believe *all* CLI requests are SP now, no matter how you make the request. Something in Sagestream or one of the other annoying CRA's that BoA might be SP'ing that you're both unaware of? (I'm making guesses here...) I'm assuming you're putting a somewhat normal amount of spend through the cards.

I know there's a CLI link buried deep in the menu's on BoA's web page, but I've yet to hear of anyone actually having any luck going that route. I tried that link in the beginning when I had my card a couple months and no dice. The front page link has always been where the action comes from, for me at least.

I *can* tell you that calling the number on the back of your card and asking for an APR reduction will get you on the phone with a UW. The ones I've spoken with have always been very knowledgeable and friendly. You might try that route and then mention that you've yet to see the CLI link that your friend *Bob* get's every 90 days, what gives?

Message 35 of 41
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If there's something on BofA's side that is not having her account show the CLI link we'd like to learn about it. As far as I know there shouldn't be anything on her SageStream (I know BofA pulls this at least) or ARS that raise any red flags unless there's something incorrectly reporting. No bureaus frozen and we monitor them consistently so no surprises there either. Spend wise is a grand or two a month at the moment but that will go up. As for calling we'll see what they say tomorrow

Message 36 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fyi, the only lender that actually uses a Magic 8 Ball is Discover! Dont take away our illusions Boa Buffs🥴😁
Message 37 of 41
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Update: we spoke to customer service who could not explain why the link was not showing so they submitted a report about it whatever that means. Also processed CLI request which they said would take 5-7 business days before hearing back from UW

We'll give them that time and if by end of the month we hear/get nothing then the gloves come off

Message 38 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

#Simply Noir Gucci Smiley Wink
Message 39 of 41
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
#Simply Noir Gucci Smiley Wink

It's the only way to live, Gucci AJC 🍸

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.