NFCU Flagship app for a new shipman

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship app for a new shipman

@Anonymous wrote:

Apped for the Flagship. Not an instant denial! I got the message:

NFCU App 3-28-20.png

Just gonna wait by the phone for the next couple days and see what happens! Smiley Happy Got documents to ready to send if needed. This young shipman could get sunk, but it was worth it. Will keep you updated. 

Good luck on your application. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Message 11 of 36
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Totally agree with you AJC. And the data points totally support your statement. I had a pretty good profile when I signed up with NFCU. Income,DTI, and scores were above average at application and I went for the go rewards, approved right away for 1k SL which I was ok with according to data points.

I did a lot of spend and PIF several times a month. And come to the 91/3 appd for more rewards card 25k and 11.15%. And my 3rd FS @ 23,900 @ 11.49%. You treat NFCU right they will reciprocate. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 12 of 36
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU App 3-28-20.png

Just gonna wait by the phone for the next couple days and see what happens! Smiley Happy Got documents to ready to send if needed. This young shipman could get sunk, but it was worth it. Will keep you updated. 

Best of luck.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  Both of my NFCU cards went pending and I woke up the next day to see approvals in the "My Applications" section on the app the day after I submitted POI for the first and the day after applying for the second.

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first NFCU card was the GoRewards card credit score was about 640ish......Chpt 13 dismissed was about 5 yrs old and they gave me a $24K cl after being a member for less than 1 month I almost went into cardic arrest because up until then my best card was the Cap 1 Venture $3K.......Flagship does have different underwriting than other cards.  

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all! Hope you all are staying safe out there. 

I recently have become a new member of NFCU. Looking to switch over my banking to them. (Plan to refinance my car with them in a couple months) Obviously though, I'm interested in one of their cards right now... the Flagship! Smiley Happy As a CU card, it will give me some benefits my other cards don't have. The problem is all the other NFCU cards don't offer much for me that I have on other cards. 

I hear it's commonly a hard card to get for a first time card from them. Any DPs on that? I don't have the best profile but I make do. Smiley Happy 

TU: 662 (per Disco app)

EXP: 703 (Exp app)

AAoA: 3 years, 1 month

Total CLs: 25K

Largest CL: 9.5K

Last card obtained: CSP, Nov 4, 2019 @ 5/24

Any insights and DPs would be awesome! Thanks! 

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never heard of folks having to submit taxes or paystubs like other credit unions make you do so you may not need them.   My 2 NFCU cards the Amex and GoRewards gave me the same 24 hour message but the next day got the text mess/email I was approved.  That's not uncommon to get that 24 hour message does not at all mean a denial

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU App 3-28-20.png

Message 15 of 36
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck on whatever you decide.  Id like to get a FS too

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 16 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU App 3-28-20.png

Good luck on your application. Keep us posted.

Message 17 of 36
cjc6464
New Contributor

Good luck! I used to use USAA, I like banking with NFCU a lot more. USAA has great insurance though.. 

Keep us posted!! Good luck!

UTL= 5%
Chase Freedom Flex- $700
Navy Federal More Rewards Amex- $8,500
Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $1,000
PenFed Power Cash- $2,500
Macys- $800
Shell Mastercard- $800
Discover- $1,000
USAA Rewards Amex-$6,000
Best Buy-$6,000
AMEX BCP- $1,000
Target Redcard- $300
Navy Federal PLOC- $2,000
Penfed Auto- 4.04%
Discover Student Loan- 27k @ 26K
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thrown overboard! I got a denial. I'm gonna try to do some recon and see where that gets me. Sent an SM since I hear some have had success that way. If that fails, I will try a call later after I get the mail with reasoning.

Chase has prepared me for rejection and I made them love me. I can do the same with NFCU! 

Message 19 of 36
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thrown overboard! I got a denial. I'm gonna try to do some recon and see where that gets me. Sent an SM since I hear some have had success that way. If that fails, I will try a call later after I get the mail with reasoning.

Chase has prepared me for rejection and I made them love me. I can do the same with NFCU! 

That is unfortunate. Hope you'll be able to recon. Maybe get another card using the same pull. Perhaps, build up some history with Navy, then go for the Flagship as a 2nd card?

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.