Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPMC CLI Questions

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Re: PPMC CLI Questions

I seriously have to question how long you have had your account. Synchrony Bank uses 3 statements between opening/CLi request and the next CLi. This is generally 3-4months. Also there is a online limit of $10,000 but you are not there yet since even after a 3x your $2,000 becomes $6,000. You can get more than $10,000 by calling in. Also are you sure that Synchrony likes the way you manage your account and that there is no reason for them to see you in a bad light like credit seeking? Usualy once you have a 720 FiCO Synchrony goes ahead and removes the doors from their hinges.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

877-379-8175

This is the # for Credit Solutions which handles all Sync based cards.  Call them up and ask for 25K and let them counter with your highest limit.  

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync matched OP's highest card, I think it's unlikely CS will feel an increase is warranted TBH. 

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on OP's post w/ the wrong number listed it's worth listing it yet again.

Asking never hurts and could get the ball rolling beyond 5K a lot quicker than some of the others listed.

Message 14 of 30
ocdcreditmonkey
Valued Member

VS 4.0 is definitely being used for approvals and CLI requests. The change was official in October but they were using them starting in August and we didn't know it. I was denied a CLI on my Amazon card on 08/06 and the reasons given were that my score was only 634 and that I had no open real estate account. Obviously, since my scores were 760ish across the board I knew something was up. That something was that they began the transition to VS 4.0 behind the scenes and didn't tell anyone. I have excellent credit, absolutely no derogatory anything, roughly $75,000+ in credit and my utilization is just under 10%. All accounts are mine, no AU accounts. I spend and pay off hundreds - thousands every month. The only thing against me is that my age of accounts is only approximately 18 months. I feel very punished by this scoring model, as it is more than 100 points less than my actual FICO scores. Synchrony used to really love me, but VS 4.0 definitely does not! Their terrible decision to make this change means that for the foreseeable future there are absolutely no CLI's on any of my accounts with them. 😡😤😵😭

Also, a family member applied as a test hoping approvals were still FICO and they received a denial with a much lower score, which was the VS 4.0. Maybe it is hit or miss right now, but it is happening ☹️
Message 15 of 30
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've tried asking via live chat ...

"Unfortunately, you cannot request a credit line increase online.

Odd. I was chatting with them the other day just to find out HOW I'd request the increase and they took my request via chat. Declined, but they still did it via chat. What annoyed me is that I flat out asked if it was too early to apply and she told me that I could apply anytime. But, the decline letter said that it was too early. I wonder if they have a quota.

Message 16 of 30
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They started using Vantage 4.0 score for CLIs. Did you check the score on their site after login. My VS4.0 is less than my FICO. Heck it's even less that the FICO TU 08 they used to give me the card and my TU 08 improved a lot but VS4.0 is still low.

is this just for cli and not the main application approval? i got my card about 2 wks ago and nearly had a heart attack when i saw my score. they use their own score now. 2 ppl who recently got a card from them confirmed the same thing. the online score/letter and letter that i received via mail hinted at that, too. i also talked to someone that same night and they said that they use their own scoring system.

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then with three scoring systems in place, there's also the possibility that they run applicants through all three (FICO, VS4.0, and internal) and have a threshold on all three that must be met for approval, and being ok on VS4.0 and FICO but under the bar on the internal system causes one to be denied and the internal score quoted as the reason.

I'm only theorizing and it would seem to be a little excessive, but it's not out of the realm of possibility in any way considering that other lenders use a variety of systems such as FICO, EWS/Chex, LN, or whatever else to approve or deny people.

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whack, they're still telling me to eat poop basically lol. I don't know what these people want from me, the denial letters are impossible to understand. My VS 4.0 score on my PPMC Sync account hasn't updated since August, so there's that I guess. Note- I got my PPMC in July and Amex was the one who matched my PPMC CL.

"updated monthly" hah ok"updated monthly" hah ok

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 1.12.44 PM.png

But they'll give me a promo APR rate of 0% until 4/05/2020.. Nice but why not a CLI Smiley Very Happy?!?

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 1.14.19 PM.png

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unenroll in VS4.0 minitoring, then re-enroll and you'll see your new score as of today.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.