Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disbelieving!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disbelieving!

Backstory, about 1 year ago I applied for the PENFED power cash card and was given a modest 3k spending limit. About 5 months ago I applied for a CLI and was bumped up to 10k. I forgot to make my payment this month and was 1 day late (I know, I know.. stupid me). While I was on the website paying my balance, I decided to do the CLI just for laughs. They gave me a 40,000 $ increase to 50,000$ ... I was so shocked I had to take a screenshot... is this normal? They didnt ask for tax returns or W2 or anything. Will they ask for tax returns or W2? My highest credit limit is the 10k PENFED and second highest is 10k discover.

Screenshot below:
https://imgur.com/a/P8FJZ87
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disbelieving!

Morphine ... seems an unusual way to achieve a credit limit increase for sure ... unreal Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

PENFEDs CLI system must be broken. Quick everybody go apply lol I cant believe a 4x CLI to 50k limit. I cant get access to the CLI until my payment posts though Smiley Sad I'm delinquent at the moment
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats on a massive cli that's wonderful. Do you have any data points by chance?

Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data points are rough estimate of what I have.

About 13% util
17 inquiries
Scores are in the 730-750's
No delinquents/lates
Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Backstory, about 1 year ago I applied for the PENFED power cash card and was given a modest 3k spending limit. About 5 months ago I applied for a CLI and was bumped up to 10k. I forgot to make my payment this month and was 1 day late (I know, I know.. stupid me). While I was on the website paying my balance, I decided to do the CLI just for laughs. They gave me a 40,000 $ increase to 50,000$ ... I was so shocked I had to take a screenshot... is this normal? They didnt ask for tax returns or W2 or anything. Will they ask for tax returns or W2? My highest credit limit is the 10k PENFED and second highest is 10k discover.

Screenshot below:
https://imgur.com/a/P8FJZ87

OMG. My mouth is still hanging wide open.

I've read your post several times. I've looked

at your screen shot link several times. I still

can't believe what I'm seeing. 3k to 10k was

sweet enough. But 10k to 50k is off the charts.

Super Congrats on your $50,000 Pen Fed PCR limit!!! Smiley Very Happy

P.S. Do you have any data points to share?

I know your 4x CLI is subject to bringing your

PCR balance current, but what was your most recent EQ

FICO 9 score, AAoA, etc for your CLI approval? Thanks so much! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 38
rbentley
Established Contributor

Did it result in a HP?
Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

No hard pulls yet across all 3 bureaus but I know sometimes with penfed it can take a day or two to show up. Even with the hard pull I dont even care lol. When I got the penfed increase last time, discover automatically gave me an auto CLI to match. Wonder how they will respond this time lol
Message 8 of 38
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

OMG that's an awesome CLISmiley Happy

May I ask what your income range is?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income range is about 60,000. I also get a yearly bonus of like 3,000 and yearly company stock vests of about 25,000. I did include the bonus and stock in my "other income" since it is a part of my employee compensation plan. That brings my overall income of 85-90k.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.