Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 No upgrade

tag
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

Cap1 No upgrade

I opened a Platinum MasterCard with C1.

As of today, my account has been opened for ninety days. There is no option to upgrade to QS. Is all hope lost? Some people say six months is a better time to check, while others were offered the upgrade around day 90. 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 No upgrade

@FreedomHammer wrote:

I opened a Platinum MasterCard with C1.

As of today, my account has been opened for ninety days. There is no option to upgrade to QS. Is all hope lost? Some people say six months is a better time to check, while others were offered the upgrade around day 90. 

You have had the account for 3 months. 

"Is all hope lost?" No, your account is still a baby, give it time and keep checking for upgrade offers. 

Message 2 of 35
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Have to chuckle at "baby account" whenever someone says it. Smiley LOL Difinitely a true statement though! Good times to check for upgrades early on for Cap1 are at 101 days (very hit or miss), then 181 days (more feasible) if no dice the first time. It's worth taking 5-10 minutes to call and talk to a CSR if you don't see anything available online. Good luck, and let us know what happens if they give you a PC! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd just give it more time.

Out of curiosity, was this a starter/bucketed account?  What did your profile look like at the time you applied/got approved for your Platinum?

Message 4 of 35
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Gotta wait until after 100 days for an upgrade.  I read that before and tested on my Platinum - no dice until day 101, then got the Quicksilver.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 5 of 35
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

Yes. I am certain it is bucketed. My FICO scores are low 600. 

I really don't like this card and low limit, and wonder how long I will be stuck with junky builder cards? My three bureaus will all be clean by November this year. 

Message 6 of 35
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

As a few others posted, 101 days is the point where  many were successful at upgrading ( myself included).

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 7 of 35
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

It took 3 months, 11 days from activation for me to get a Quicksilver upgrade offer on my bucketed Credit Steps Platinum card. I'd give it another couple of weeks. 

You likely won't be stuck in credit purgatory for as long as you think. There are better days and cards ahead, especially given your reports becoming clean later this year. That's awesome!

Message 8 of 35
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the encouragement. I will try in a couple weeks to upgrade the card. 

Message 9 of 35
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Hope it shakes out for you OP. I know 1.5% isn't all that much but it's certainly better than a card that earns nothing.
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.