Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred customer service

tag
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred customer service

I have been having nothing but headaches recently with Citi’s customer service. My double cash apparently didn’t have the 100 cash back offer that it had when I applied and besides that they’ve been holding all my payments on that card. I closed it and even after I’m having issues. I had a refund in the amount of 26.99 and a charge that had gone through prior to closing the card of 22 dollars. So what does Citi do? Refund me back 26.99 to my checking account which I still haven’t received and send me a bill for 22 dollars. I mean what? Why not just refund me 4.99? Lol like how dumb is that. Plus when I called to figure out why I was getting billed the rep kept telling me that the 22 dollars was already accounting my refund which according to her was refunded straight to my balance so I wasn’t getting a refund and I would owe 22 dollars. I went purchase by purchase and payment by payment and she wouldn’t budge from saying I owed them 22 dollars. I eventually had to talk to a manager because that was ridiculous. She then told me that the rep was misinformed and that I would receive my refund to my checking account and would just have to pay back 22. Still dumb but whatever. On the other side does Citi Costco have a different set of reps? I’ve never had any issue with them whatsoever. I was going to close my Costco card until I realized that Costco has been pleasant and has always expedited replacement cards to me.
As of 11/28/2018
Message 11 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry about your experiences NP. Another example left hand not knowing what right hand doing I guessSmiley Sad
Message 12 of 39
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Has anyone tried their SM support? Usually the folks they put on SM are at least a notch or two higher up than the typical CSR....

Found that with Chase, Comcast, and other companies...

-J

Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Has anyone tried their SM support? Usually the folks they put on SM are at least a notch or two higher up than the typical CSR....

Found that with Chase, Comcast, and other companies...

-J

+1 

I stopped calling Citibank years ago. I now send them a message on Twitter or Facebook. A US-based, senior representative will call you at the number you provide to them (obviously on Twitter you ask them to send you a message and from there you give the digits). 

Joseph...I didn't raise an Xennial to call customer service..you should be doing everything online like the rest of us! Ordering a new card online is fast and easy. 

Message 14 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry Dad, you are absolutely right. That's me in the corner...... Uncle B can finish the restSmiley Wink
Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yeah will do. Dont really plan on using card to buy day to day, just like to have a card that looks like a card lol. Probably some Postsl worker who hated Citi who wanted to blow off some steamSmiley Wink

LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Smiley Wink, I did go online a request a new card, just selected damaged card. Can you believe they give you option to fed ex it for $6 bucks? Lol, I'll wait for snail mail thank youSmiley Happy
Message 17 of 39
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Wink, I did go online a request a new card, just selected damaged card. Can you believe they give you option to fed ex it for $6 bucks? Lol, I'll wait for snail mail thank youSmiley Happy

THAT’S CRAZY! For Costco 2 day shipping is free! Now I’m convinced Citi Costco gets better service! 

As of 11/28/2018
Message 18 of 39
arkane
Established Contributor

Yeah will do. Dont really plan on using card to buy day to day, just like to have a card that looks like a card lol. Probably some Postsl worker who hated Citi who wanted to blow off some steamSmiley Wink

Plot twist: the postal worker double-dutied as a steam locomotive engineer, and did in fact "blow off some steam" literally at your card. Smiley Happy

Back OT: as others have mentioned, skip their frontline CSRs and get transferred to a senior, US-based person if you can. I've only dealt with their banking side, but I can tell you it's a world of difference when you get ahold of somebody who actually knows what the hell they're doing.

Oh and just to join the Citi bashing fun: their online banking interface sucks, looks like something from the early 2000's. Chase and BoA's blow them out the steam water.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 19 of 39
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Np1791 wrote:

THAT’S CRAZY! For Costco 2 day shipping is free! Now I’m convinced Citi Costco gets better service! 

Not so fast...Smiley Tongue

I have the Citi Costco card and by golly I had the WORST CS a few weeks back!

I posted all about it here somewhere.. lol

I finally got decent, in fact stellar service & they fixed THEIR error, by contacting the exec office (LOVE them).

Anyway- it's the luck of the draw over there in citiville.

----------------------------

Sorry for your troubles AJC- the reg reps at Citi are,, let's be nice and say; poorly lacking in knowledge. Smiley Wink

Glad you got it sorted..

CHEERS

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.