Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden PC targets

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Hidden PC targets

I'm figuring out long term plans for AF cards from various banks and I got sucked into a rabbit hole of "hidden" card products that can serve as downgrade targets for cards with fees.

For example:

Citi Dividend

Chase Sapphire NAF

Barclay Arrival NAF

What other products are out there that are worth considering as ways to get rid of fees on tradelines?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Hidden PC targets

To me the only problem is that eventually the products will go away altogether. You can plan for PCs to a point but if a card is no longer available for apps it’s probably not going to be around that long for PCs.
Message 2 of 12
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
To me the only problem is that eventually the products will go away altogether. You can plan for PCs to a point but if a card is no longer available for apps it’s probably not going to be around that long for PCs.

I don't know... the ones I mentioned have been hidden for how many years now?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex plain BLUE w/o any perks is a good storage option for MR's when you don't want to pay AF's or deal w/ ED/P.

Message 4 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I may PC to the no-AF "white/colorless" Barclays Aviator if I can't get a retention offer in a few months. I assume it's still available.

The future of the Arrival family is unclear. No word if Arrival Plus is closed to new apps permanently or just temporarily.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 12
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:
I may PC to the no-AF "white/colorless" Barclays Aviator if I can't get a retention offer in a few months. I assume it's still available.

The future of the Arrival family is unclear. No word if Arrival Plus is closed to new apps permanently or just temporarily.

Didn't know about the "white" Aviator.  it seems every Barclay product has a NAF downgrade target.

Message 6 of 12
iced
Valued Contributor

There’s also the Citi TY (and now Rewards+) that are downgrades for the Premier/Prestige with no AF, and just about every co-branded card has a no-AF downgrade option, some of which are not advertised (the no-AF Barclays Frontier card is one such example).
Message 7 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold should essentially replace them, but there are a number of legacy lower/no-AF Marriott cards that are no longer available for apps but still exist.    (As I stated in the launch thread for that card, I'm not sure of any value in actually downgrading to that card.  If you stay at Marriott even once a year, the Boundless is more than worth the AF.)

Citi has a number of legacy products available for PCs, but Dividend is probably the best of those and the still-available Double Cash is generally a PC option since Citi is quite flexible.

There are SIX legacy personal Chase United cards that should still be available for PCs: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/united/personal-cards

Message 8 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Didn't know about the "white" Aviator.  it seems every Barclay product has a NAF downgrade target.

I wonder if they'll launch a no-AF member of the Luxury Card family. Maybe the Iron Card or Tin Card?

Message 9 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Obscure,
What Amex AF card PCs to Blue?

As far as applications, ED/P are a little more complicated and EDP does have an AF...but I dont think ED has any downside when compared to Blue. AFAIK, an unmanaged ED is better than a perfectly managed Blue.

BBP is of course quite a different card and offers a lot more than the personal Blue.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.