cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Propel how do points work? How does it combine with a cash rewards with other cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF Propel how do points work? How does it combine with a cash rewards with other cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

The portal comaprison is one thing but, do multiple accounts with WF combine into a single bucket of points to draw off of was the question.

To complete the analysis,  so the cheapest flight for that morning is $172 Delta on Priceline. However, the cheapest on WF is $209 United. However, I can get 50% more points using WF travel rewards and since $209  is not 50% more than $172, it's still more cost effective to pay the $209 with points due to the 4.5% redemption. 

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF Propel how do points work? How does it combine with a cash rewards with other cards?

where is that 172 delta flight from atl to ord from dec 14 to 21? cos i don't see it.

Its perfectly fine to suggest people compare before purchasing, but there is no need to attack wf portal, it usually present the same price as one can get on airline website, which is the same most of the time as the PL. We know PL may have better deals at times, but that doesn't prove WF inflate price.

Screenshot_2019-11-02 ATL to ORD, 12 14 - 12 21 Priceline com.png

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The portal comaprison is one thing but, do multiple accounts with WF combine into a single bucket of points to draw off of was the question.

you can pool with anyone, so anwser is yes, Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

where is that 172 delta flight from atl to ord from dec 14 to 21? cos i don't see it.

Its perfectly fine to suggest people compare before purchasing, but there is no need to attack wf portal, it usually present the same price as one can get on airline website, which is the same most of the time as the PL. We know PL may have better deals at times, but that doesn't prove WF inflate price.

It was on Priceline.com website directly. 

I have the Propel card, so I'm not attacking it. Just suggesting you won't fly thr cheapest using their website. However, with this random small sample exercise, if you have the points to cover the flight, it's cheaper to go WF portal with points rather than pay with CC directly on Priceline, provided you don't care that you are flying United instead of Delta.

Message 14 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're spending on flights or whatever you should be comparing them either way unless price is of no matter to you.  Either way if you use one of your WF cards to purcahse you can redeem the points against the purchase.  So, where you spend doesn't really matter, what matters is if you can pull points from 2+ cards to payoff the charge.

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Propel card, so I'm not attacking it. Just suggesting you won't fly thr cheapest using their website. However, with this random small sample exercise, if you have the points to cover the flight, it's cheaper to go WF portal with points rather than pay with CC directly on Priceline, provided you don't care that you are flying United instead of Delta.

I searched on priceline.com website, and I posted the screenshot. As you can see, there is no 172 price. So it is incorrect to suggest using wf portal won't get cheapest price.

Now, I am not saying that 172 is false, I am fairly confident you saw it for sure. I am simply saying 172 is not the CURRENT price. Price changes literally all the time. I ran into situation before that in the span of 10 minutes, the cheapest price jumped 60 on my delta itinerary.

Again, price comparison is great, and no, there is no strong evidence to suggest wf portal will not give you lowest price.

Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're spending on flights or whatever you should be comparing them either way unless price is of no matter to you.  Either way if you use one of your WF cards to purcahse you can redeem the points against the purchase.  So, where you spend doesn't really matter, what matters is if you can pull points from 2+ cards to payoff the charge.

Right. If you have the points to cover the entire flight, skip the $172  on Priceline and get the $209 on WF with 50% more points.

Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Right. If you have the points to cover the entire flight, skip the $172  on Priceline and get the $209 on WF with 50% more points.

NO, just use the card on Priceline and erase the purchase with points.

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I figure out what your mistake was. Its not a delta ticket. 172 is a mix itinerary, delta out, united in.

You can find the same price on wf portal.... actually cheaper. lol

Screenshot_2019-11-02 Go Far Rewards.pngScreenshot_2019-11-02 Go Far Rewards2.png

So, again, wf portal has the cheapest price.

Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I searched on priceline.com website, and I posted the screenshot. As you can see, there is no 172 price. So it is incorrect to suggest using wf portal won't get cheapest price.

Now, I am not saying that 172 is false, I am fairly confident you saw it for sure. I am simply saying 172 is not the CURRENT price. Price changes literally all the time. I ran into situation before that in the span of 10 minutes, the cheapest price jumped 60 on my delta itinerary.

Again, price comparison is great, and no, there is no strong evidence to suggest wf portal will not give you lowest price.

Prices do change instantly. 

Screenshot_20191102-165612_Priceline.jpg

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.