cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

I feel like for one reason or the other, there is a bank that come hell or high water, you'll never do business with them again.  This disdain can be based on a bad experience referencing a credit card, mortgage, bank acct etc.  

 

What say you?  Who have you written off? 

For the record, hands down, mine is Wells Fargo.  If they were the last bank on earth, I'd use cash! 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.









Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge


Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?


@CreditCharmer wrote:

I feel like for one reason or the other, there is a bank that come hell or high water, you'll never do business with them again.  This disdain can be based on a bad experience referencing a credit card, mortgage, bank acct etc.  

 

What say you?  Who have you written off? 

For the record, hands down, mine is Wells Fargo.  If they were the last bank on earth, I'd use cash! 


Barclays, Capital One, and Bank of America.


Total revolving limits 721200 (619200 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 725 TU 723 EX 700

Message 2 of 132
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?


@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditCharmer wrote:

I feel like for one reason or the other, there is a bank that come hell or high water, you'll never do business with them again.  This disdain can be based on a bad experience referencing a credit card, mortgage, bank acct etc.  

 

What say you?  Who have you written off? 

For the record, hands down, mine is Wells Fargo.  If they were the last bank on earth, I'd use cash! 


Barclays, Capital One, and Bank of America.



Ohhhh wow!  Although I have no problem with them, I hear ppl trash BOA a lot.  Yikes!!!

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.









Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge


Message 3 of 132
sznthescore
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

Bank of America, Chase, Discover and these are just off experience. Not to mention, I have a "how will this bank/credit union benefit me" list of features I look for as well... calculated into a "Financial Benefit Score" lol Smiley Wink Adverse actions can get them closed/blocked or removed from my finances.


Message 4 of 132
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

🚫 Credit One Bank for sure! 🚫







              
Message 5 of 132
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?


@CYBERSAM wrote:

🚫 Credit One Bank for sure! 🚫



Yes, yes and Yes!!! Subprime for sure.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.









Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge


Message 6 of 132
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

CHASE.  One of their CSRs had the audacity to tell me the money I deposited with them in a checking account was not MY money but theirs and they simply let me use it.  I closed my accounts immediately on the spot.  I will NEVER do business with them again.

Message 7 of 132
sznthescore
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?


@CYBERSAM wrote:

🚫 Credit One Bank for sure! 🚫


Most definitely. Fee-thirsty and predatory banks are blacklisted in my book.


Message 8 of 132
mtnbikeman
Valued Member

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

Capital One - Wasting my time with a bucketed card and triple pulls

Wells Fargo - Closing my checking account with no notice 

Barclays - Auto declining anything and everything, even before my BK

Bank of America - Wasting my time and not honoring their sign on bonus (approved for a $4500 limited platinum card instead of the $5k Visa Sig)

Synchrony Bank - Demanding tax documents and holding my cards hostage

 

That's all for now. 

Rebuilding post Chapter 7, Closed 7/12/21
Message 9 of 132
sznthescore
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?


@Cowboys4Life wrote:

CHASE.  One of their CSRs had the audacity to tell me the money I deposited with them in a checking account was not MY money but theirs and they simply let me use it.  I closed my accounts immediately on the spot.  I will NEVER do business with them again.


Chase has me blacklisted and I have no clue why. I was in-branch one day trying to open a business account... CSR was nice about it, didn't say nothing but removed the privacy screen for me to see his computer screen. Nothing but a full screen of RED PARAGRAPHS... too much to read. I was embarrassed and politely got up and left.  I should have known something years before when they closed a prepaid account within two weeks from opening it in-branch. No more embarrassment from Chase for me.


Message 10 of 132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.