cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly remove my authorized user status score dropped from 768 down to 690

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to properly remove my authorized user status score dropped from 768 down to 690

I have been helping him fix all his credit and he had one card he never used but kept active for 18 years I added myself as a auth user on his card and hes a auth user for most of my credit cards.
Everything was great then it was not, score dropped from 768 down to 690 and the only reason is that one card because it's at 96% I know again I am at a loss for words right now.
I need to properly get this taken care of and take that card off my report. I was happy because it had a long history but I'd rather my score be good from my own work anyways I just added his maybe 7 months back it was good until last month. At this point j would much prefer having it gone entirely if at all possible.
If he called chase and removed me as a authorized user will it erase entirely from my credit report or will it show as a closed account? Anyway someone could help me out sorry its all.over the place literally typing this while stressing over Bill's at work 23 btw
17 REPLIES 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: How to properly remove my authorized user status score dropped from 768 down to 690

I believe it will go into your closed accts. as "Terminated".  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: How to properly remove my authorized user status score dropped from 768 down to 690

Is it possible that he made a one-time huge purchase and will PIF within 30 days? UT has no memory; and if that’s the case, you’ll regain the points. But if it’s going to be months, that’s another story.

You can dispute the card on your CRs stating that you’re an AU and not responsible for payment of the bill. I think the account in its entirety will be removed. Not 100% sure. Hopefully, someone else will be coming along and can confirm and/or provide additional info.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW added me to her 150$ Victoria secret card as an AU..... score dropped.
So I had her remove it.. it was still showing as terminated as op stated above. I was pretty upset but I just disputed with Experian and before I knew it the account was gone all together on all 3 cr. Not sure if it was the dispute That did it but it seems so
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, if you want to be removed this is the process. First have the primary user contact the CCC and remove you as AU.
Once that is done, you file a dispute with each bureau with the reason being “not my account.”

It will be removed at each bureau if you’re authorized user status has been removed at the CCC.

However, as stated above it’s killing your score because of the utilization. Utilization has no memory. So the other option is to pay it down but then this is always over your head if it gets maxed out again.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I am with him I'm juggling some.of his debt I know this wont be paid off within the next 3 months even though it's a small amount
I'm confused so what does it do in terms of score if its listed as terminated
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really doesn't matter whether it's paid immediately, unless you need the score boost immediately or want to avoid paying interest.

If it's terminated, it stays on your report but isn't updated, I believe. More experienced members? Either way, you can remove it as I told you.

Maybe if it's terminated, it'll help AAoA, but not impact utilization? Or is it stuck at the last reported useage? More experienced members?
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was my question ignore everything else Haha this is all I want answered haha
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a good question: will it help AAoA, and not impact utilization? Or is it stuck at the last reported utilization?

My guess is it'll be stuck at the last update, so pay it down, then remove, LOL. Seriously, more experienced members? I will caution though, it could be removed at anytime by the CRA if you are no longer a valid AU, but could stay for a long time, who knows?
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove yourself as I think u did. Then dispute. Simple
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.