Did you mean: 

Service Credit Union membership

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Re: Service Credit Union Mebership

@Anonymous wrote:

@Royalbacon wrote:

Is this credit union open to everyone? Looks like it is, anyone join this way and can comfirm?

Members of the American Consumer Council (ACC) are also eligible to join. To learn more about the ACC, click here. Use promo code “Service” to join free of charge.

https://servicecu.org/about-us/become-a-member/

Looks like its $8 or $15 for a lifetime membership but the credit union has a promo code so its free.

They clearly advertise that method on their site so it is a valid path to membership. 

Was just shocked no one had mentioned it in 8 pages of this thread so far and instead going through joining through family.

Update:It might actually be a pretty brand new way to be able to join through the ACC, because Archive from January 25, 2020 doesnt have American Consumer Council (ACC) Listed as a way in, nor can I find Service Credit Union on any list of credit unions open to everyone on google. And all the old ACC threads on myfico I've found don't list Service either as a participating credit union.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200125033050/https://servicecu.org/about-us/become-a-member/

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 81 of 224
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to make a phone call to find out what my Call24 was to make my online banking account. Zero wait time and a very friendly rep. Definitely a nice start! 

That is great, so far my experience has been a very good oneSmiley Happy

They even allowed me to substitute one document they requested, that I did not have in my possession.

Linked (2) bank accounts via log in method (Navy and US Bank) , the 3rd have to wait for trial deposits.

"document"!? I submitted an application last night. They haven't ask for anything beside ID! Hopefully I don't have to drive up north to see them in person 🤓🙄

They didn't ask me for anything. Maybe it's because I used the tool that actually scans the barcode on your license to fill in the app?

Just received an Email this morning asking for "we will need you to provide us with proof of membership with the American Consumer Council." OK!

So I sent them the pdf of the fancy Certificate that I got 3 weeks ago from a free code thanks to @M_Smart007  and half hour later, they sent my membership number with Card in mail email!

Easy enough! 🤑

Message 82 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to make a phone call to find out what my Call24 was to make my online banking account. Zero wait time and a very friendly rep. Definitely a nice start! 

They even allowed me to substitute one document they requested, that I did not have in my possession.

Linked (2) bank accounts via log in method (Navy and US Bank) , the 3rd have to wait for trial deposits.

"document"!? I submitted an application last night. They haven't ask for anything beside ID! Hopefully I don't have to drive up north to see them in person 🤓🙄

They didn't ask me for anything. Maybe it's because I used the tool that actually scans the barcode on your license to fill in the app?

Just received an Email this morning asking for "we will need you to provide us with proof of membership with the American Consumer Council." OK!

So I sent them the pdf of the fancy Certificate that I got 3 weeks ago from a free code thanks to @M_Smart007  and half hour later, they sent my membership number with Card in mail email!

Easy enough! 🤑

Wow @CYBERSAM Congratulations! ..thumbs up.jpg

Message 83 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Now waiting for @AllZero 's membershipSmiley Very Happy

Message 84 of 224
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@M_Smart007  I'm strategizing my moves. Smiley Happy I'll post up when I do.

Message 85 of 224
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Easy enough! 🤑

Congratulations!

Message 86 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

OkSmiley Wink

Message 87 of 224
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

OkSmiley Wink

You are technically correct... the best kind of correct - Imgur

Message 88 of 224
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Easy enough! 🤑

You know they had a section during the application where you could upload documents. I should of uploaded my PDF. Oh well, I can just email it when/if they email me asking for it.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 89 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it looks like I got hit with a cash advance... So much for MasterCard being safe. 😡 

6750F316-A694-4ABB-930E-256F6F46B53D.jpeg

I hope Sync doesn't get mad about it. At 3% it just actually COST ME more than I would have earned!

Message 90 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.